Retail Development Manager
Are you an experienced and strategic account manager with a true ‘service first’ mindset? Do you have a strong understanding or interest in retail operations in Sweden? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and until recently, we’ve been best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners and either pick their food up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
However, food delivery was just the start. We don’t want to just satisfy our customers’ hunger, but to deliver a wide variety of products and services and expand our platform to retail, including shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys, brand partnerships and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail.
As a Retail Development Manager, you’ll be one of our first superstar hires within this new vertical for us in Sweden. Your focus will be on developing and strengthening accounts to make sure they thrive on our platform. This means increasing their sales while improving operational aspects. With this in mind, you need to be super passionate about account management and business development, however able to change your tone and approach depending on the type of partner you’re working with.
It goes without saying that you’re a team player and are willing to get your hands dirty as we build this new area of our business in Sweden! As time progresses and more retail partners are onboarded, the targets and duties of the role are likely to develop. This means that you must thrive in the ‘start-up’ environment where constant change means there’s always lots to get your teeth into!
What you'll be doing
- Successfully onboarding and training venues together with Retail Associates, providing our retail partners with all the tools and information they need to start working as soon as possible.
- Driving and managing month-over-month sales growth of our current venues and improving venue performance by measuring critical KPIs, strong analysis and frequent quality and satisfaction checks.
- Owning the partner’s assortment - suggesting which products should be listed initially and working with the partner to constantly add/remove items to improve customer conversion.
- Working with the partner to improve overall conversion rates by sharing tools and best practices to help ensure the partner’s success.
- Getting feedback from our partners and translating it into product, marketing and operations improvements
- Key communicator between our operations and retail partners.
- Working closely together with the marketing team to plan and execute campaigns together with retail partners.
Our humble expectations
- You have experience from previous account management or similar role, preferably within retail (FMCG).
- You are a self-starter, reliable team player with the ability to deliver results on-time and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You cultivate extensive mutually beneficial relationships.
- You are structured, detailed and service-oriented.
- Strong analytical experience and specific knowledge of analytical dashboards - such as Looker or Power BI.
- You have strong problem-solving skills with a bias for action and impact.
- You have a proactive mentality - an independent thinker who can work with limited guidance but can deliver a successful outcome through grit and determination.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt the tone to suit the audience.
- Fluent in Swedish and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional in an international environment.
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Maria von Frenckell, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our job portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.