Supply Analytics Lead
Are you an experienced and ambitious Business Operations professional, seeking a challenging and rewarding role? Does working for one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies excite you? If so, then we would love to chat!
The core of our Operations team is based around the ability to find the right balance between supply and demand, especially now that we're rapidly expanding into even more new cities, verticals and partnerships. As our new Supply Analytics Lead you'll have a crucial role to play in the ongoing growth of Wolt in Israel!
You’ll be the centre of knowledge and focal point for optimizing all our existing and future ground operations, driven by how Courier Partners interact and engage with our platform and with the different aspects of their day to day roles. From forecasting supply levels and maximising efficiency KPIs, to drilling into how city geographical characteristics or Courier compensation models impact our operations, to which changes we should make to our venue locations spread to produce an ideal level of performance - you’ll be the person your fellow Wolters turn to!
In short, you’ll be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and challenges across all of our operational cities and consequently helping to maintain our high level of service.
What you’ll be doing
- Analysing and following up on our supply levels
- Drilling down into how Couriers’ operational behaviour is affected by day to day challenges and coming up with ways to improve those.
- Following our ground operational KPIs (Courier income, Courier delivery times, etc; )
- Managing the contributions/effects of any tech-oriented changes: Leading local optimisation pilots and following global ones, closely following and influencing app version changes, driving experiments in our platforms/settings.
- Digging into platforms, internal knowledge base and cross-functional conversations in order to better gather and centralise methods for improving our daily operations (understanding effects of our algorithm, gathering learnings from other markets regarding operational settings etc)
- Presenting updates on current operational stats and shedding light on expected outcomes from our ongoing operations
- Providing key insights about your field of expertise.
- Identifying and prioritising key bottlenecks.
- Rolling out short and long term initiatives our local market for achieving better operational performance
- Leading, concluding and following up on pilots and tests together with the global product teams and local/global operations teams (i.e new Courier app versions, tweaks to our optimisation etc)
Our humble expectations
- Preferably 3+ years of background in business operations or strategy in the tech-industry
- Data savvy - you love to drill into the numbers while using different tools and dashboards
- You crave experimenting and testing new things.
- You are awesome at relying on data and are lead by those insights
- You know your way around presentations
- You’re are awesome at identifying challenges from looking at data and from talking to local teams and are an expert in prioritising tasks
- Fierce executional skills
- Leadership experience and the ability to show the direction, as well as the genuine will to support a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent communicator and big team motivator as you will need to work with different teams locally and globally.
- Problem solving attitude
- You are a fast learner, who is not afraid to dive into challenges.
- Thorough and organised - you accomplish tasks with all ends tied and have great attention to details
- Proactive planner and thorough thinker as you constantly seek new ways to improve processes
- You have a can-do attitude and are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Fluent in Hebrew and English as you will be working with different teams locally and globally
So, if you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely high-performing team – we’d love to hear from you!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, and fill the position once the right person has been found, so send through your application ASAP :)
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept resumes/applications by email - please apply through our careers page, thanks!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.