Do you enjoy working in a dynamic and rapidly changing work environment, have a customer-oriented mindset and love working with a fun team? If your answer is yes - then read further!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across Finland can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed! With Wolt Market, our focus is to find the right products by being customer oriented, offer the fastest delivery available and be the company that changes the future of grocery shopping. This role plays a key part of our growth in Finland. Your day to day work will have an impact in other countries as well and you get to share your best practise with colleagues from all around the world.
We are now searching for full time Store Managers to lead our markets in the capital region. In this role you’ll find yourself in a challenging but well supported position. You have a strong influence on how your city operations will look like. You will build your team by hiring the right people that support the high-growth environment, design every little detail in your store and define the perfect layout for Wolt Market. We offer a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and have an actual impact on how Wolt Market will look like in the coming years.
What does a normal day look like for a Wolt Store Manager? Well, we don’t have a complete answer for that, since every day is a bit different. You may find yourself reporting for a missing banana shipment, and driving to a wholesale store to buy four boxes of bananas to avoid running out of them. And the next day, you could be sitting in a meeting discussing your city expansion, where you’ll present how you’ll lead another store launch and its day to day operations. So what we can say is that each day will grow you both personally and professionally.
You will be working from our market, in downtown area of the capital region. This job may also include travelling. If you have experience from team leading, retail or grocery sphere and enjoy working with a fun group of people, then you might be just the person we are looking for!
What you’ll be doing
- Being responsible for the day-to-day store operations, including staying on top of freshness, inventory and stock management. This means working closely with people responsible for our selection and making sure we have the right products on sale, ordering the goods to the store and monitoring that we have the right amount of everything all the time.
- Developing and improving the way our stores operate. Fast delivery and fluent operations consist of a large field of things, this is one of the key day to day operational tasks you’ll be working with.
- Leading, growing and motivating a team. Creating an environment where your colleagues can do their best work and have fun while working. You’ll get to plan team events with your team - something we aim to do multiple times a year.
- Monitoring shrink levels and control the amount of food that goes to waste.
- Managing shift scheduling.
- Handling orders and order of the store.
- Overseeing everything the store and colleagues need to enable fast growth. This includes everything from ordering new pencils or IT-devices to a complete set of new fridges.
- Leading the city expansion.
Our humble expectations
- You have previous leadership experience.
- A fast learner with the ability to multitask.
- Proactive and service-minded are words that describe you.
- You have a can do-attitude and enjoy the idea of working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- You are tech savvy.
- You are able to work both during the day, evenings and weekends.
- Data-driven and analytical, you use data to help improve and develop.
- Fluent level of Finnish and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Kristjana Thorarinsdottir, Talent Acquisition Partner: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.