Manager, Retail Sales Operations
Are you a business professional obsessed with continuous growth? Do you have a data-driven mindset and enjoy working hands-on with our global teams and partners to deliver a big impact? If so, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Founded in 2014, today we have nearly 3,000 employees, 80,000 courier partners and we operate in 160+ cities across 23 countries. We are one of fastest growing companies in Europe, and with nearly ~1B$ funding from leading investors, also perfectly set-up for continued success.
We are recognized as the industry leader in user experience and solid economics, proven by our track record in scaling our operations with extraordinary efficiency. We are on a path to build a global consumer brand, and have recently expanded our platform beyond food delivery into retail verticals.
While we are a tech company at heart, our success relies heavily on the performance of our 23 country teams. Our industry is both hyper-local and operational by nature. Therefore, our ability to create and deliver unmatched user experience is contested every day across all our cities.
We are now looking for ambitious, top performing talent to join our Retail Sales & Partner Development Operations team and play a critical role in developing Wolt retail centrally, as well as to support our teams in different markets. This is your opportunity to join one of the most successful growth companies in Europe, disrupt the delivery industry and improve the daily life of millions of people.
- Retails Sales and Partner Development Operations team ensures that we hyper-grow our business profitably in all of our 23 countries in which we operate today.
- We work on a wide array of central retail sales and account management topics in our path to making Wolt the “Shopping mall in your pocket”. In order to do so, we work closely with key functional leaders across dimensions such as product, marketing and operations.
- Equally importantly, we support our teams in different markets to solve challenges and improve performance of local sales and account management teams.
- Ultimately, we judge our success based on the performance of retail woltwide.
- Our team consists of strategic doers. We at Wolt make decisions based on analysis and data, and thus the ability to work with numbers is part of our DNA. Most people at Wolt crunch data on a daily basis, including our CEO.
- Our team is expanding. We are looking for a high performing individual, with a background in sales operations, sales and account management at a top-tier management consulting, global retailer and/or leading tech/platform company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Retail sales efficiency measurement and performance deep dives supporting the retail leads and teams in our 23 Wolt countries.
- Developing best practices to improve the efficiencies of our sales, partner onboarding and account management teams and rolling them out across countries.
- Going deep into numbers and making data driven business decisions. We have solid data on everything, the key is to have a strong nose for value and understand what really matters.
- Running team training sessions on new processes, products and tools as well as facilitating and promoting best practice sharing across all Wolt markets and teams.
- You will be reporting to the Head of Retail Sales and Partner Development Operations. Wolt is a global company and therefore you should expect some travelling to our markets (as covid eases).
Our humble expectations
- Previous experience in sales operations in a global retailer, tech/platform ecosystem or top tier management consulting company.
- Previous experience in sales, business development and/or key account management.
- Excellent people skills. In order to make any impact, you need to be able to win on your side and communicate effectively with people from a wide spectrum of backgrounds, ranging from support associates to senior management.
- Drive, ownership and independence. Comfortable working both independently as well as managing a group of stakeholders, often in parallel across multiple topics.
- Stellar capabilities in strategic thinking and analytical execution. Excellent MS office skills (especially Excel & Power Point) are a must. Previous experience with a data analytics platforms such as Looker or data management systems such as SQL is a bonus.
- Hands on experience with at least one of the leading sales CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce, Hubspot).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Eligible to work in the EU, and willingness to (re)locate to one of our business focal points, e.g. Helsinki, Munich or Berlin.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.