Treasury Analyst - Foreign Exchange
Are you a Treasury professional with experience from Foreign Exchange markets? Does being part of one of Europe's fastest growing teams sound exciting? If so, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform - you can read more about our story below. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As we continue to scale, we are now looking for a Treasury Analyst with experience in Foreign Exchange (FX) markets to join our Treasury team. This role gives you the opportunity to build our global risk management of Wolt´s foreign exchange exposures, hedging programs and long term cash forecasts related to FX.
The role is based in Finland, and you will be working out of our HQ in the central part of Helsinki.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify FX exposures based on functional currency approach
- Build and maintain models and methodologies for quantifying the potential impact of exchange rates on entity and group level financial performance
- Build Cash Flow at risk model based on long term cash forecast prepared by FP&A
- Analyze FX forecasts and results and optimize hedging costs, hedge ratios, and hedge structures
- Proactively monitor foreign currency exchange rates and other exposures relevant to Wolt companies
- Ensure company compliance with our Treasury (FX) policy, including monthly and annual reporting, compliance, and audit requirements
- Drive corporate FX hedging program & participate in updating overall hedging strategy (FX & Interest)
- Executing hedge transactions to mitigate FX risk for both P&L, Balance Sheet and intercompany loans.
- Manage day-to-day global cash and liquidity operations including cash positioning for Wolt entities, FX settlements, settlement of intercompany balances, and intercompany funding.
- Maintain TMS systems to support FX dealing and hedging and ensure communication of relevant information to internal parties
- Provide FX reports and KPIs and coordinate with accounting on FX results
Our humble expectations
- Solid FX hedging & risk management experience within Treasury function in a global corporation and/or a bank.
- Experience of hedge accounting under IFRS 9.
- Experience with reviewing complex legal agreements in connection with ISDAs and other bank related documentation.
- Highly analytical and technical skills (including experience with FX derivative instruments, FX related accounting standards, compliance requirements and systems expertise).
- Direct or indirect experience of other related risks, such as, interest risk, liquidity risk and counterparty credit risk.
- Treasury system experience from; TMS, Bloomberg, Refinitiv Eikon, 360T, FXAll etc are considered as an advantage.
- Degree in Finance; Risk management.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Must be eligible to work in Finland.
- The Wolt usuals: Ability and passion to work autonomously in a fast-moving international environment, strong relationship building and customer service mindset, and a true growth mindset to consistently learn and develop skills.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 23 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Komi, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.