Retail Account Management Team Lead
Are you an experienced and strategic account manager with a passion to business development? Are you obsessed with continuous growth and driving best-practice processes to consistently improve efficiency and results? If so, then we want to speak with you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and until recently, we’ve been best known for our food delivery platform. However, food delivery was just the start. We don’t want to just satisfy our customers’ hunger, but to deliver a wide variety of products and expand our platform to some cool retail shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys, and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail. We launched our services in Hungary a few years back and have since been conquering the food and retail delivery scene step by step.
We are now looking for a motivated Retail Account Management Team Lead to join our team and manage a team of Retail Development Managers and Associates, who ensure that each retail partner is onboarded to the Wolt platform as efficiently as possible. On top of that, you will be managing and maintaining relationships with our top retail partners, leading initiatives to boost their sales, coming up with creative ways of enhancing our cooperation and ensuring that your teams take the best possible care of them.
This role focuses on developing new business from the scratch by driving incremental revenue and providing the tools and support for our biggest retail partners to make sure they thrive on our platform and increase sales while improving operational aspects. We’re looking for someone that has a real passion not only for delivering exceptional service personally, but also leading teams who are best-in-class at what they do. Existing experience in the retail industry would be beneficial, as would expertise in data-driven decision making; understanding our customers and working through tasks efficiently are both crucial in this position.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a proactive self-started and an analytical sales person able to build trustworthy relationships with our biggest retail partners. You must also be a team player and willing to chip in with tasks outside of the day-to-day - it’s important that we keep the ‘hands on’ ethos that has made our team what it is!
What you’ll be doing
- Leading, recruiting and hiring our superstar onboarding team of Retail Development Managers and Associates to guarantee onboarding excellence and account development
- Driving and managing Month over Month sales growth of our biggest retail chains and improving venue performance by measuring critical KPIs, strong analysis, and frequent quality and satisfaction checks.
- Project management - identifying key priorities, creating project plans and driving us through the execution phase
- Getting feedback from our partners and translating it into product, marketing and operations improvement
- Key communicator between our operations and retail chains
- Working closely together with the marketing team to plan and execute campaigns together with retail chains
Our humble expectations
- You have proven experience from sales, account management, business development or a similar role and have experience within retail or FMCG industry
- Strong leadership skills developed in previous management or project lead positions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt tone to suit the audience
- You are a self-starter with the ability to deliver results on-time and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical experience and specific knowledge of analytical dashboards - for example, Looker, Tableau or Power BI
- You have strong problem-solving skills with a bias for action and impact
- You are structured, detailed, and service-oriented
- Fluent in Hungarian and English
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Reija Oksanen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our job portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 80,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.