Operations Team Lead
Do you have experience in managing a team and/or driving development projects? Do you enjoy working in a fast-moving and dynamic environment? Do you have an analytical mindset and structured approach to solving problems? Are you interested in improving the experience of thousands of courier partners in Finland and making sure your team of Operations Associates have everything they need to make it happen? If so, then please read on!
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Finland ever since we entered the market in 2016. The Operations team in Finland is responsible for the cooperation with over 3000 courier partners in almost 30 cities across the country. As the Operations Team Lead, you will report directly to the Operations Manager and manage a team of Operations Associates who run the courier partner payments, the onboarding of new courier partners and general support to cover the courier partners needs and requests. All of these tasks are essential to the smooth running of our business - if we don’t cooperate with enough courier partners to meet the increasing number of customer orders everything will grind to a halt!
As an Operations Team Lead, you and your team have three focus areas:
1) Courier Partner Supply. Managing and forecasting the courier partner supply levels across all locations in Finland - enabling our company to keep growing steadily
2) Courier Partner Satisfaction. Making sure our courier partners get the support they need and are satisfied with their cooperation with Wolt
3) Courier Partner Payments. Making sure that the courier partners are able to invoice Wolt for their services and that invoices are paid accurately and on time
In our Operations team life moves fast and there is no typical day, so in order to be successful in this role you will need to be self-motivated, confident, and very creative, be a proactive independent thinker and possess leadership skills
What you’ll be doing
- Managing and helping seven Operations Associates who are in charge of helping new partners to start making deliveries with Wolt, making sure current partners are satisfied and that everyone gets paid on time and accurately
- Drilling into data related to our courier partner onboarding processes, and extracting relevant insights to your teams and organisation
- Proactively planning and optimising everything in your three specific focus areas
- Making sure your team has everything they need to succeed
- Helping the team know what to focus own by prioritizing and de-prioritizing
- Rolling-out global processes to Finland and sharing best practices to other countries
Our humble expectations
- Professional experience with proven project management skills
- Ability to lead by example and motivate - you have the genuine will and skill to support and lead your team members who help all the the courier partners
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills and advanced level in MS Office suite package. You are able to look into data and conceptualize, improve and implement ideas, KPIs, and improvements in close collaboration with your team
- Proactive planner and thorough thinker that is constantly looking for new ways to improve existing processes
- Fast learner and ability to quickly adapt to new tools, processes, and information
- Getting things done with a can-do attitude and being comfortable in a fast-paced and high impact environment
- Fluent in Finnish and English
We could list all the amazing things we offer - but actually, the best part about working with Wolt is the awesome group of people who you will be working with. There is never a dull day at the office and you will be a part of an energetic team in an exciting international scale-up environment where you will have the opportunity to grow with the company. In addition to the salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
The application deadline is Sunday 31st October. However, the earlier you apply the better, as we are interviewing candidates already before the deadline.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Maria von Frenckell, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our job portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 210 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.