Global Business Analyst - Partner Retail
Do you have a passion for finding key insights from customer behaviour, partner performance and turning them into impactful, applicable recommendations? Are you an experienced analyst with a track record of designing, developing, and delivering scalable and impactful analytics, insights, and tools/reporting to stakeholders across the business? Do you thrive in ambiguity? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Wolt is a technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown our operations from just four countries across the Nordics to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today, and are expanding our offering beyond food into Retail (ranging from Grocery, to Home & General Merchandize).
In the Global Retail team, we empower our teams across 23 countries to scale the business quickly and with the right foundations on the inputs. The Global team is responsible for developing our analytics framework to help monitor performance, quality of assortment, insights from our customers and Sellers, and partners with the local business on important deep-dive analyses to produce unique insights to propel the forward growth of the business. supervise and evaluate our performance. In addition, our team is at the forefront of enabling key programs and critical initiatives. Examples of work include:
- Understanding assortment performance at the item/brand level.
- Diving deep on the drivers of behaviour of consumers over time and across product categories Uncover relationship between Seller-driven inputs and financial, buyer-driven outputs.
- Building proactive metrics capabilities to alert our teams on data trends and opportunities
We’re now looking for a Business Analyst, Global Partner Retail to be responsible for building the right tools, analytics and lead data-driven research to identify key drivers of our global Retail business across all 23 of our countries and further accelerate the current hypergrowth to the next level.
You’ll be the key partner to the Regional Retail leaders, helping to make data-driven decisions and project planning to deliver strategic outcomes. You will understand the business of our Partners and retail shoppers in depth. You will become the global lead of and “go-to” person for all data related queries related to growth opportunities. To be successful in this position, you need to be highly collaborative, high-energy, self-starter, with strong business acumen, and acute analytical skills in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. This is your opportunity to join one of the most successful growth companies in Europe, disrupt the delivery industry and improve the daily life of millions of people.
What you’ll be doing
- Subject matter expertise: as a global point for retail analytics, you would have a deep knowledge of data methodologies and tools, and a willingness to learn so that you can get into details, evaluate optimal approaches, and describe the conclusions and implications in a simple, effective way to senior partners. Ability to spot insights from all sides of the business, recognize themes which span more countries and construct new approaches to tackle opportunities.
- Thought leadership: You will be a strong thought partner for global and local support leads, as well as global teams across other functions including Operations, Product, Finance etc. in developing a clear vision and proposal for analytics frameworks where none existed before, developing KPIs that drive actionable improvements, prioritisation and other opportunities for Wolt to drive continuous improvements.
- Communication and stakeholder management: You are skilled at communicating your vision to key people across the business for feedback and signoff, influencing without authority and outlining the path to get there with clear goals and steps to help guide the teams.
- Build and run a Category Management ‘cockpit’: ensure we have key global dashboards to help monitor category, buyer and Seller performance, drive prioritisation, and measure impact of our category management efforts. Run Business Reviews with regional and global leadership, from deep discussion of data insights to measuring results from applying those.
- Optimizing planning, prioritization, and organization: Able to balance requests from multiple partners, understand and set priorities, allocate resources and keep on top of project status/health; anticipate issues or dependencies and develop alternatives to mitigate them.
- Demonstrating clear bias for action and execution: Always pushing the team to use the most practical approach and deliver impact quickly. Ability to construct applicable recommendations; you understand that something workable and implemented is better than ideal on paper.
- Continuous improvement: Continually improving and automating manual processes to enable the team to scale better as the business grows.
Our humble expectations
- Experience with databases (advanced SQL, etc.). Knowledge of experimental design and analysis, and A/B testing is a plus.
- Degree or equivalent experience in a field relevant to analytics
- Analytical and curious thinker, self-starter with drive to get things done
- Interest to contribute towards our data & analytics platform
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. Proven organizational skills to turn these ideas into timely deliverables.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically, with attention to detail.
- Experience in e-commerce, marketplace businesses, FMCG, or consulting environments with some experience from financial planning is a plus.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + Stock options plan + Benefits
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.