Operations Manager ("Vice VD")
Do you have a solid background in strategy and business development? Are you passionate about data-driven decisions? If this sounds like you, let's chat!
We launched in Sweden back in 2016 and from there, we’ve already expanded to 15 cities with more to come. As we continue to grow and expand across Sweden, we are looking for our next Operations Manager!
In this role you will be at the heart of the strategic and operational work at Wolt – effectively acting as the right hand of the General Manager.
This is an optimal role for you who wants to act in a fast-paced environment, personally shaping the industry, working at the forefront of the sector. The decisions you make often impact how people order food, groceries and retail goods – offering a unique opportunity to leave your personal mark on society and consumer patterns.
This is a challenging role, and we are looking for a person with the ability to work on both strategic, political and operational issues, moving seamlessly between high level topics and very detailed matters such as ensuring great service levels countrywide and an ability to scale delivery capacity with growth. Needless to say, to perform well in this role, you need to be comfortable with numbers, applying informed-based decision making. Strong negotiation skills are important as you will be a main contact partner towards our biggest suppliers, political representatives and other stakeholders. The position is critical as we strive at building a sustainable company in a highly competitive and heavily scrutinized industry. Potential exposure to media and journalists could also be a part of the role.
Moreover, as you are ultimately responsible for every order being delivered on the Wolt platform, you have a significant P&L-responsibility of 100 MSEK + budget and will be a part of the Swedish leadership team. You will manage and build a team around you, currently comprising five professionals who work with the operations on a daily basis.
What you will do
- Lead the operations team in Sweden. Coach and manage more junior colleagues
- Continuously improve delivery efficiency and KPIs
- Create and improve business processes that drive the operation towards efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Make sound and critical business decisions based on the vast amount of data that our platform provides us with
- Meet with key suppliers and stakeholders in order to impact the way the industry is being developed
- Be a part of the local management team and work closely with the General Manager on developing the local business strategy and launching business development initiatives – effectively working as Deputy General Manager
- Lead the expansion into new cities in strong cooperation with the restaurant team
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid track record in operations management, consulting, modern logistics or business development
- This job requires strategic planning, but it also requires a lot of hands-on doing. You’ll get to both make the analysis and execute on it. This is why we wish you have the ability to combine an analytical mind with a hands-on, getting things done approach – while being great with people
- You’re able to navigate complex business data and make critical decisions, then check on the results and refine your actions going forward
- You need leadership skills and the ability to show the direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members and your courier partners on their way
- You have the ability to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders through both verbal and written communications
- It’s crucial you enjoy being a part of this kind of startup-within-a-startup team while leading your own bits of the operation
- Fluent in Swedish and English is a must
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.