Global Head of Operations - Wolt Market
Are you a problem solver obsessed with delivering amazing customer experiences? Do you love building and deploying systems and processes to drive automation and scalability? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and getting your hands dirty? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and a world-leading customer experience. People across our markets can order their groceries and have them delivered within 30 minutes! This would not be possible or sustainable without a very strong operations function.
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a Head of Global Operations to build our end-to-end Dark Store operations globally from fulfillment to delivery. The role will be critical in defining the optimal business model and playbook for our Dark Store operations and systems, our speed to market, and efficiency.
As the Global Head of Wolt Market Operations, you have full ownership of operations. You are leading everything related to how operations take place and are responsible for finding and setting up new locations, optimizing dark store layout, improving picking and packing speed and costs, ensuring a great user experience, and providing leadership to a team of operation managers globally. Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your operation.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way but are also expected to be an amazing independent leader with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for the end-to-end dark stores operation globally, from store design to fulfillment to delivery. Provide the footprint which will enable local teams to run fast and efficiently.
- Developing new, data-driven solutions to model, optimize and automate decisions, to simplify operations in our rapidly growing dark store network globally.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of our global operation, focusing on speed, cost and efficiency.
- Hiring and leading are one of your main responsibilities, while you maintain a motivated, reliable and resilient operations team for Wolt Market.
- Design & document all processes via standardized SOP documents, ensure collaboration of the countries & share best practices.
- Build and review global business plans.
- Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall store/country objectives.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive relevant operational experience (e.g. retail/e-commerce operations experience, top-tier consulting firm or a scale-up/innovative business). Experience in e-commerce or on demand fulfillment is a strong plus.
- Proven experience of leading operating model design and innovation.
- Process optimization is in your DNA. Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
- Articulate communicator with great stakeholder management skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts simply and quickly.
- Leadership experience is a must.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
- A hands-on, proactive, practical, pragmatic attitude.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Rocio Villarreal, Talent Acquisition Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 50,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 90,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 180 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.