Are you a problem-solver with a passion for building teams and organisations? Are you motivated by working with and influencing every area of a business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 165 cities, servicing over 10M registered users.
We launched in Baku in summer 2019, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step.
As a Wolt General Manager, you have full ownership of your market, which essentially means you are the CEO of a startup within a startup. Your mission is to build a great team and, together with them, make your cities better places for hungry people, for restaurants wanting to get more sales, and for courier partners wanting to earn flexibly.
You’ll own your market’s P&L and need to be both building the operation and growing the market while maintaining a healthy level of efficiency, steadily moving towards profitability. Your job will consist of analytical thinking, data-driven decisions, mastering marketing, and restaurant partnerships, and building a world-class delivery operation with the support of an Apple-awarded technology company. It’s all there.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Become the CEO of your market and build a market-winning business in Azerbaijan.
- Expand your country team, together with our recruiting function.
- Lead the team towards your vision of what Wolt should be in your country.
- Manage a P&L and take care of efficiency, profitability, sustainability, and scalability.
- Refine your processes and get better and better while sharing your learnings with our HQ and other markets.
- Lead and guide your team to ensure a seamless experience for our customers, our restaurant partners, and courier partners.
- Build and maintain a scalable and healthy delivery operation with your Courier Operations Manager.
- Find, establish, and develop new restaurant and retail partnerships with our sales team.
- Build a robust support framework for customers, retailers and restaurants, and courier partners together with your Support Team.
- Create and execute innovative and viral user growth campaigns for consumers with your Marketing Manager.
- Work with our communications & PR to make sure that Wolt does not go unnoticed in the local press.
Our humble expectations
- An energetic and resilient spirit is the soul to our culture, where you are constantly on your toes and seeking ways to build your country.
- You have managed large teams with multiple direct reports and sub teams in a growth environment.
- You have a background in high growth and scale companies or management consulting.
- You have solid experience working in leadership, strategy and business development.
- You have been involved with recruiting and have a strong eye for top talent.
- You have an analytical and strategic mindset where you will be able to make data-driven decisions.
- P&L experience is necessary as you’ll be responsible for owning your new market and building the operation from scratch.
- You have great interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a structured way.
- You have at least a Bachelor in Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- Fluency in Azerbaijani, Russian & English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 165 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.