Senior Legal Counsel, Courier Model & Employment Law
Are you an experienced employment law professional seeking a challenging role? Do you have a genuine interest in the future of work, technological innovations and platform economy? Do you want to be part of building and scaling the international expansion in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Today we’re in 23 countries with over 5,000 employees. We operate in over 250 cities, servicing over 18M registered users and we've expanded our platform beyond food delivery into categories such as grocery, cosmetics, flowers, toys, electronics, books and even running our own grocery stores called Wolt Market. We are rapidly expanding our business and our vision is to offer everything our customers need, to their door, in 30 minutes or less.
We are looking for a senior in-house counsel to be responsible for the courier model compliance in Israel. In practice, you would be responsible for all legal matters relating to courier partners. Over time, depending on your own interests, you could take responsibility for the courier model support also for a wider range of countries.
At the same time you will also own our day-to-day employment legal matters across different business functions and multiple employee groups in Israel. Thus, we are looking for a versatile and experienced lawyer, with a special expertise in employment and willingness to broaden his/her expertise to platform work.
You will be based in our Wolt Office in Tel Aviv, and work closely with the Legal and Public Policy team as well as other Wolt teams like the local country teams in Israel, product development, business development, and operations team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be the main point of contact to support the local team in Israel with any legal questions related to our courier model and the independent courier partners.
- Together with our other in-house counsels dedicated to courier model compliance, you will be responsible for the development of and compliance with our courier model.
- You will also be the trusted partner for our People Team and operational teams across Wolt’s business operations in all employment legal topics in Israel.
- Providing employment legal advice on a broad range of employment related matters from day-to-day issues to wider matters such as diversity, health and safety, employee and labor relations and HR privacy/data protection.
- You will consider and advise on regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with local laws as well as manage relevant risks to your areas of responsibilities.
- Identifying proactively development possibilities relevant for our business be it ideas for different processes, documentation or for instance app development, as well as sharing global legal developments and other insights to internal stakeholders.
- You will analyze complicated legal challenges, “translate” their implications to non-legal stakeholders and work through practical solutions.
- You will manage possible litigations and regulatory proceedings using outside counsel, as needed.
- Using your strong expertise in employment laws and other specific fields relevant for our business.
- Keeping yourself up to date on the industry and on regulatory developments and proactively take action and share knowledge and insights with other team members.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive legal experience as in-house counsel or from a law firm in an international setting.
- A qualified lawyer in Israel. An LL.M. degree is a plus (especially if from Europe or the US).
- Strong experience of advising on employment law related matters, including social benefits, tax and national insurance.
- Litigation experience is considered as a plus.
- Experience in working in close cooperation with internal and external legal teams and working on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solutions-driven can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Quick thinking and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work, no matter the task.
- Fluent in English and Hebrew.
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working model
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
Click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Katariina Salomäki at email@example.com
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Since launching 7 years ago, Wolt has expanded from a restaurant food delivery platform in the Nordics to a leading player in the delivery of everything across EMEA. Wolt works together with tens of thousands of restaurant and retail partners, as well as with over a hundred thousand courier partners across 23 countries and 250+ cities. In November 2021 Wolt and DoorDash announced they are joining forces, and the transaction is expected to close in H1 2022. We continue to expand rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us.
Wolt not only offers great apps to customers and partners, but is also developing a broad range of technologies and solutions. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of minutes, in the customer’s own language.
So, why work at Wolt?
At Wolt, we’re about getting things done.
You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
We work hard to make cities into better places, and it’s pretty cool seeing us grow every week. If you’re passionate about building things that just… work, Wolt might be for you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together.