Are you an experienced legal professional seeking a varied and challenging role? Does being part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies excite you? If this sounds like you, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 210+ cities, servicing over 15M registered users. In the last year, we've expanded our platform beyond food delivery into categories such as grocery, cosmetics, flowers, toys, electronics, books and other exciting products, all referred to as retail. Our vision is to offer everything our customers need, to their door, in 30min or less.
As the platform economy is changing the ways consumers connect with restaurants and retailers, we are seeing a huge opportunity to be the industry leader with the amazing teams we have built globally.
Our Legal superstars have been an integral part throughout this journey - they’ve consistently been at the forefront of building and scaling legal and compliance operations in all of Wolt’s markets. Naturally, as the company expanded, so has our Legal & Public Policy team. We’re now looking to expand our legal team in Israel with this role being based in Tel Aviv and reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel in Tel Aviv, heading the country’s legal team. .
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to tackle a number of complicated legal issues, but also someone who understands the Wolt way of doing things; a problem-solver with an entrepreneurial streak, a self-starting business-driver. A solid understanding of the platform economy would be fantastic and it goes without saying that you are a true ‘people person’.
What You’ll Be Doing
- As a Legal Counsel, you’ll support Wolt’s business in Israel in all legal matters (later on there may be a possibility to expand to other countries as well).
- You will provide day-to-day legal support to our business teams, and work closely with global teams, like product development, operations and business development.
- You will analyze complicated legal challenges, “translate” their implications to non-legal stakeholders and work through practical solutions.
- You will consider and advise on regulatory requirements.
- You will proactively identify and develop legal solutions and improvement possibilities, as well as help design and implement policies and processes to build and scale the legal function.
- You will follow legal and regulatory developments and advise the team on new and emerging legal issues.
- You’ll help us improve our existing contract processes and templates with our merchant, courier and other business partners in Israel and other designated markets, as well as review, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements.
- You will handle consumer-facing legal matters, including the development and adaptations of T&Cs, review of product design, marketing practices and other aspects of our business.
- You will manage litigations, as they arise (using outside counsel, as needed)
- We are looking for people who proactively do useful things that no one told them to do and who tend to find a way when they know something needs to be done.
Our humble expectations
- 5+ years of experience practicing law at a law firm and in-house in handling b2b/b2c/regulatory matters, preferably in the e-commerce sphere, in an international setting.
- A qualified lawyer in Israel with strong academic achievements. An LL.M. degree is a plus (especially if from Europe or the US).
- Generalist skills with strong expertise in B2C and B2B legal matters and solid experience in providing advice regarding several of the following: e-commerce, consumer protection, competition law, data protection and privacy, general contract law, mobile payments, marketing, platform economy, employment law and corporate.
- A solutions-driven can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Experience in working in close cooperation with internal and external legal teams and working on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quick thinking and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work, no matter the task.
- Fluent in English and Hebrew.
- Willingness to travel.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working model
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Katariina Salomäki at email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.