HR Manager Norway
Are you an experienced HR leader in Norway with a genuine interest in high growth companies? Are you excited at the prospect of building and scaling a local HR function and team HR and Talent Development in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 180 cities across EMEA, servicing 15M registered users. In Norway alone we’re now an organisation of around 100 dedicated Wolters - and we’re still only just getting started.
The People team at Wolt currently consists of about 80 HR and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Georgia, Budapest and Tokyo. To reach our next exciting stage growth plans, we are now expanding our People team and looking for an experienced HR professional to build our HR operation in Norway.
As our HR Lead Norway you will have holistic ownership of our HR operations at our Norwegian offices. We’ve been providing HR support to our Norwegian team remotely from Finland, so as our first dedicated HR hire in Norway your central focus will be to quickly audit and build on the core HR foundations that are already in place and take our HR proposition to the next level, with a laser-like focus on building a “best in the world HR” function. You’ll do that against the backdrop of rapid expansion in Norway, both in our core business and our new vertical Wolt Market.
You will ideally have a strong generalist HR background with broad experience across the HR spectrum, but particularly HR operations and business HR. You will have some experience managing collective bargaining agreements in Norway and the associated employee relations. Ideally you will have either led an HR function in Norway or worked as a senior HR Business Partner. Team leadership experience and a genuine passion for the employee experience are essential.
To succeed as our HR Lead Norway you will need to have a “builder” mindset and be driven to work under your own initiative. You need to be completely comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting stuck in and really driving HR from the front!
- Designing and executing on country-level HR strategy for our Norway operation.
- Collaborating and sparring with local leadership to define tactical and strategic ways to address short and long term challenges.
- Rolling your sleeves up to deliver day-to-day life cycle support, from onboarding to offboarding and on all HR and people-related matters in between.
- Maintaining employee and payroll data, predominantly in Workday, and ensure that accurate monthly payroll input data is produced on time.
- Driving a positive employee relations culture
- Owning all HR policies and practices in Norway, ensuring they are fit for our hyper-growth and have extreme scalability built into them.
- Implementing additional HR programs and policies, including those relating to organisational design, compensation, benefits, leadership development, relocation and mobility, employee relations, and training, with our HR centres of expertise.
- Ensuring general HR compliance in Norway, and managing routine and complex employee relations cases.
- Manage local HR vendor management..
- Managing Wolt Norway’s Occupation Health obligations, including facilitating the election of safety representatives, making safety rounds with the leadership team, setting up HSE notification and risk systems, and following up the working environment committee.
Our humble expectations
- A solid generalist HR background and multi-year experience leading an HR organisation, focusing especially on the Norwegian market.
- Strong knowledge of the Norwegian legal landscape and statutory requirements when it comes to employment legislation and collective bargaining agreements.
- Team leadership experience, with the “know how” to build and nurture a team, and develop effective ways-of-working.
- Strong communication skills, with full working fluency in English.
- A problem-solving and can-do attitude combined with networking skills, assertiveness and the willingness to take initiative.
- You work well in a team, and are completely comfortable collaborating remotely and dynamically using digital tools such as Slack and Zoom.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working model
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 210+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.