Retail Partnership Manager
Are you a driven sales person with a few years of experience and curious about taking your next leap in a globally scaling tech company? Do you have a good understanding of retail in Sweden? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology unicorn, ranked second by Financial Times in Europe’s fastest growing companies. Until recently, we’ve been best known for our food delivery platform. On our app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their food up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
However, food delivery was just the start. We don’t only want to satisfy our customers’ hunger, but also to deliver a wide variety of products and services. We are expanding our platform to some cool retail shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys and other exciting products, all referred to as retail.
To achieve this, we must first assemble the team of motivated sales superheroes who’ll secure the relationships with the retailers that our customers in Sweden want to order from. That means your role as the Retail Partnership Manager is to be the true hunter.
You’ll be tasked with building and managing your own pipeline of retail partners to approach and sign up to Wolt. This requires a good understanding of which retailers to prioritize across various verticals as well as strong communication and negotiation skills to get your targets through the sales funnel.
As time progresses and more retail partners are onboarded, the targets and duties of the role may develop. This means that you must thrive in a ‘start-up’ environment where constant change means there’s always lots to get your teeth into!
What you’ll be doing
- Researching, identifying and proactively approaching potential retail partners to bring in new business opportunities and drive the sales pipeline.
- Tailoring your approach for each retailer to best position Wolt as a partner of choice.
- Negotiating terms and signing up new partnerships.
- Ensuring there’s an optimal product selection per each retail merchant for Wolt’s platform.
- Having a good understanding of the competition and various verticals in the market (supermarkets, convenience stores, florists, bakeries, etc.).
- Actively giving input to the local sales strategy to accelerate Wolt’s market entry to retail.
- Working closely with other talented Retail Partnership Managers, continuously sharing best practises and supporting each other.
Our humble expectations
- You have experience from sales, preferably telesales and/or field sales
- Experience from within the retail industry, preferably FMGC, is a major plus.
- You have a hunger to build and create a portfolio from the ground up.
- You are goal-oriented and eager to succeed.
- You are tech-savvy and a quick learner.
- You have a can-do attitude and are ready to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You are still able to keep yourself on track, pursuing key priorities in a methodical way.
- You have good analytical skills - such as translating data into actions or analyzing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- You are fluent in Swedish and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Maria von Frenckell, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.