Sales Operations Manager
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 160 cities across EMEA, servicing over 10M registered users.
We launched our services in Japan in March 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for an Central Sales Operations Manager to support our sales and onboarding teams across Japan.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving improvement of processes: Help define approach on creating sales performance and efficiency targets for merchant acquisition and onboarding teams.
- Support sales operations: Act as powerhouse of knowledge towards acquisition teams and seek ways to optimize the team efficiency and output.
Scaling the merchant onboarding: We are reinventing the wheel again in Japan due to the size of the market and our ambition. We will onboard thousands of merchants to the platform, continuously finding ways to increase the onboarding velocity to provide best possible customer experience. This requires innovative and proactive thinking. With a combination of Central and Regional functions - how do we deal with merchant onboarding in the most efficient way? What to do Centrally and what Regionally, taking into consideration both customer experience and shortest possible onboarding time?
Stakeholder Management: Manage various projects with our sales, operations, product and executive leadership to improve the merchant experience and enable field sales teams to achieve their targets. You don’t have direct reports in this role, but you do need to be managing various different stakeholders across the company.
Tooling: Maintaining and developing together with the Global Operations team our external onboarding tools (Monday.com, Pipedrive CRM) across all regions in Japan. Working together with our Merchant Product team developing internal tools.
What do we expect from you
- Entrepreneurial mindset – Strong ownership mentality, thriving in a fast-paced work environment where the only constant is change
- Driven by curiosity and process improvement – You always look for ways to innovate and improve, while sharing the vision and direction of the company
- Hands on – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get things done - we are not looking for presentations but practical approach to execute
- Relationship builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions to execute your vision
- Problem solver – You can effectively break down complex problems into smaller blocks and high-level goals into actionable step by step plans
Our humble expectations
- 4-7+ years of experience in strategy, operations, business development, or consulting
- High-growth startup or sales ops experience is preferred
- Experience with leading cross-functional projects successfully in a complex and fast moving environment
- Strong analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Riku Hakanen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 160 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.