Are you a finance professional with solid experience in treasury controlling? Would you like to be in a key role building and developing Wolt’s financial reporting process? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform - you can read more about our story below. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As Wolt continues to expand, so does our team. We’re now looking to bolster our ranks with a highly proficient Treasury Controller. This role gives you the opportunity to build and develop treasury controlling processes in Europe's fastest growing tech company. You master treasury operations as well as IFRS based accounting and reporting of financial instruments.
What makes the Finance team so special is our ‘service first’ approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimized and that things get done quickly and efficiently.
Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach! :)
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for accurate monthly reporting practices and processes of financial instruments according to IFRS / US GAAP
- Monthly financial instrument reporting analysis with recommendations
- Continuous improvement of treasury monitoring and controlling processes
- Preparation of notes to the IFRS / US GAAP based financial statements
- Collaborate and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow and apply new procedures implemented through Audit findings or other like matters
Our humble expectations
- Solid previous experience of treasury functions in similar businesses
- Solid experience in IFRS based accounting and reporting on financial instruments.
- Comfortable with taking broad professional ownership and having experience to handle the full scope of this role requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Degree in Finance; accounting.
- Prior experience in NetSuite and Treasury Management Systems is a plus.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Must be eligible to work in the E.U.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 23 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Komi, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language. We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.