Are you in the early stage of your career and eager to take on a varied and challenging role where you can develop and grow as a legal professional? Does being part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies excite you? If this sounds like you, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 210+ cities, servicing over 15M registered users. In the last year, we've expanded our platform beyond food delivery into categories such as cosmetics, flowers, toys, electronics, books and even running our own grocery stores called Wolt Market which is a rapidly expanding new part of our business. Our vision is to offer everything our customers need, to their door, in 30min or less.
As the platform economy is changing the ways consumers connect with restaurants and retailers, we are seeing a huge opportunity to be the industry leader with the amazing teams we have built globally. Wolt’s legal team has been an integral part throughout this journey by consistently being at the forefront of building and scaling legal and compliance operations in all of Wolt’s markets. Currently, we are looking for a Legal Counsel to join the team at our HQ in Helsinki. In this role, you will be working on various corporate, technology and business legal related matters. You will also be allocated certain responsibility areas and projects crucial for Wolt’s global scalability that you will take ownership of.
What you'll be doing:
- Taking ownership of our subsidiary management and bringing it to the next level
- Drafting of corporate documents and policies
- Taking ownership of our consumer User Terms and Conditions, including managing and updating the terms globally
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various tech related and other commercial agreements
- Coordinating legal advice with local external law firms
- Supporting other legal tasks as needed.
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to tackle a number of complicated legal issues, but also someone who understands the Wolt way of doing things; a problem-solver with an entrepreneurial mindset and a solutions-driven business-enabler. Our ideal candidate is a team player who is happy to handle a variety of tasks, take ownership, and also to support other team members. We hope you are truly eager to work with your responsibility areas and want to develop as a legal professional in corporate and business legal related matters.
In a fast-paced business environment, being flexible and open for change, dynamic and proactively getting things done is crucial. We also appreciate quick thinking and a can-do attitude of rolling up one's sleeves and getting to work, no matter the task.
Our humble expectations
- At least one year of legal experience from a reputable law firm and/or as an in-house counsel in an international setting.
- Master of Laws degree from a reputable university in the EU or UK.
- Interest in or practical experience from working with corporate law is a must.
- Expertise in general contract law, e-commerce or consumer protection is considered an asset.
- Experience in working in close cooperation with varied teams and working on multiple tasks at the same time.
- You are solutions-driven with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for detail.
- Capability to take ownership but also a team player; you know when to ask for help and when to make independent decisions.
- Fluent in English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working model
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Katariina Salomäki, Talent Acquisition Partner email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 210+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.