Restaurant Partnership Lead
Are you a sales professional with solid experience in managing a sales pipeline as well as managing and developing a sales team? Do you have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset and want to be the key player in influencing how Wolt grows its restaurant portfolio in Sweden? If so, then please read on!
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Sweden ever since we entered the market in 2016. We see an opportunity to build a winning business in the market by offering a world-class customer experience through reliability, short delivery times, fast & local customer service.
We are on a growth and expansion path, and for this team, everything starts with restaurants. If there are no restaurants, there are no customers and if there are no customers, there are no couriers. Thus, restaurant operations are a crucial part of Wolt’s success in every city and country. Our restaurant operations are split into three sections; acquisition, onboarding and support. As the Restaurant Partnership Lead, your role is to manage our field sales restaurant acquisition efforts and a team of Restaurant Partnership Managers.
As the Restaurant Partnership Lead you’ll be leading a team of high performing and motivated Restaurant Partnership Managers, as well as going into the field and setting examples for your team to follow. Your job will be to improve Wolt’s restaurant portfolio by adding the right new venues to the platform and using data to determine the focus areas. You will use your extensive sales experience to provide tools, sparring and coaching to build on your team’s competencies and manage their performance. You will also form a strong communications loop with the Restaurant Onboarding & Support Lead, whose team is onboarding the partners your team acquires.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the execution of our acquisition strategy to exceed defined KPI’s
- Play an active role in the field and identify, attract and close partnerships
- Contact and build relationships with potential key restaurant partners in the assigned market and systematically manage the market’s sales pipeline
- Conduct and support negotiations, understand the underlying drivers for Wolt and venue performance to determine sustainable and profitable commercial terms
- Making sound business decisions by supporting your intuition with data
- Support the development of a plan for our field sales team to target gaps and opportunities in existing markets as well as mapping out potential new areas for expansions
- Support the review of existing practices and processes, suggest improvements as needed, help implement improvements and monitor/measure the impact of these changes
- Participate in the process of identifying and setting KPIs, managing sales performance and providing ongoing performance feedback
- Creating a positive work environment that enables the team to develop, support learning through coaching, guidance and actively promote the sharing of experience, knowledge and recommendations among peers, teams, direct and skip-level reports
- Support the recruitment process by identifying, attracting and hire passionate team members to help us build the best partnership acquisition team in the industry
- Leading by example in terms of demonstrating Wolt values and behaviours
Our humble expectations
- You have demonstrable experience of being successful within a sales position with a solid track record
- You are organized and have the ability to structure and prioritize your team’s work
- You have extensive people management or coaching experience, ideally within field sales
- You have the ability to make sound business decisions while basing decisions on data
- You are a natural ‘hunter’ with excellent communication and networking skills
- You have a self-starter mindset and willingness to contribute to hands-on activities in a flat organization
- You are a real foodie with good knowledge of the local restaurant scene
- You possess experience from within the hospitality industry - especially restaurants - is a plus
- You are fluent in Swedish and English
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Maria von Frenckell, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we are not reviewing any applications during July month, and will get back to all applicants in the beginning of August.
We do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our job portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.