Talent Acquisition Partner
Are you an experienced recruitment professional with strong networks across Japan? Are you looking to work with a brand that was recently named one of Europe’s fastest growing companies? If so, then we want to get to know you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners. Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 200 cities across EMEA.
We've started our operations in Japan in spring 2020 and fast forward today operate in over 25 cities. While we’ve already established a local Talent Acquisition function in Japan to complement our hubs in Helsinki and Copenhagen, our continued expansion plans means that we now need additional firepower in order to help us meet our targets.
The role will be joining two other Talent Acquisition Partners, and will have a strong focus on recruitment across regions in Japan. To achieve this, you’ll split your time in our Tokyo office, as well as traveling across Japan in order to build strong relationships with candidates ‘on the ground’.
What you'll be doing
- Creating new and innovative ways to attract the best people to join Wolt by identifying new channels or localized messages.
- Being hands on with all steps in the candidate journey - from initial touch points, right the way through to onboarding.
- Sourcing high-quality candidates at all levels through online and offline methods, and pinpointing relevant experience from a resume or application.
- Putting candidate experience at the heart of your day-to-day activities. Good service is alfa omega in recruiting!
- Communicating effectively (both verbally and written) to various stakeholders:
- For internal stakeholders, this means getting to the core of their requirements, and creating relevant recruitment collateral and processes to best reflect this.
- For candidates, this means deep-diving into specific topics related to their respective experience.
- Being the local expert on Japan. This includes understanding the talent market, local culture and how to overcome potential recruitment obstacles.
- Coordinating the hiring process between the hiring manager and the respective candidate, and working to agreed SLAs.
- Be attentive to details when creating a job description, updating the ATS, communicating with internal and external stakeholders etc.
Our humble expectations
- Solid previous experience in a talent acquisition focused role in Japan, preferably within either the Sales & Marketing or HORECA industries.
- Great relationship building skills and a strong network.
- A genuine passion about hiring efficiently and effectively, as well as a true growth mindset with the desire to consistently develop your skills.
- Have a self-starter mindset and willingness to contribute to hands-on activities in a flat
- Enjoy researching and have a natural curiosity for understanding competitors, target companies, channels etc. in different regions.
- Ability to think on your feet in a fast-moving environment.
- Be able to collaborate and proactively communicate clearly both verbally and in written form with various stakeholders in both Japanese and English.
- Be able to prioritize Wolt culture and values as the fundamental elements of Wolt growing as a successful business
- Most importantly - be an active part of the Global Talent Acquisition team! As a team, we do common things uncommonly well.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Riku Hakanen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications by email.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.