Enterprise Sales Manager - Retail
Are you an experienced sales professional that’s hungry for your next big challenge? Do you have a strong understanding of retail operations in Germany? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Germany has the 2nd largest food delivery market in Europe. We see an opportunity to build a winning business in the market by offering a world-class customer experience with short delivery time, fast & local customer service, and reliability. We have an appetite to expand to multiple cities in a matter of months.
We started from Berlin in Aug 2020. We have the local founding team in place and we’ve started expansion to the next cities. However, we’re only getting started. In just a few months, we are looking to hire hundreds of couriers and tens of other roles in our teams in different cities. We will continue to partner with hundreds of restaurants to feed our hungry customers.
But that’s not it! We don’t want to just satisfy our customers’ hunger, but to deliver a wide variety of products and expand our platform to some cool retail shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys, and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail.
To achieve this, we must first assemble a team of motivated sales superheroes who’ll secure the relationships with the retailers that our customers in Germany want to order from. That means your role as the Enterprise Sales Manager - Retail is to be the true ‘hunter’.
We need self-motivated, entrepreneurial, high-energy, sales professionals that can think strategically, are comfortable with conceptual & solution selling, and can create momentum within large and complex organizations.
We want candidates that can execute the sales process with passion, and always be aware of maximizing opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
- Define a sales strategy to meet objectives set by the management team.
- Build and systematically manage your pipeline of new potential partnerships.
- Having a deep understanding of the competition and the various retail verticals in the market (supermarkets, convenience stores, florists, bakeries, etc.). Know the structure for each vertical and which players are the “must-have” for Wolt.
- Target new retail partners in line with the company’s strategy in order to meet the strategic and operational objectives aligned to the geographical perimeter that you will be working within.
- Establish solid relationships with role players at the highest levels of an organization, particularly within the VP, EVP, and C-suite or for smaller partners, shop managers, and owners.
- Manage the entire sales process from the contact point to the signature of the contract and aid with technical, legal, and financial aspects.
- Effectively manage prospect/client expectations.
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Cool office in the heart of the city
- Independent work in a dynamic, international team
- A fast-growing tech company with many career opportunities
- Flat hierarchies in a family start-up atmosphere
- Attractive salary package including stock options plan
- Discount on Wolt orders
- Modern work equipment of your choice (MacBook, iPad)
- Various soft drinks, coffee and fruits in the office
- Comprehensive internal educations
- Weekly (virtual) all-hands meetings and regular team events
- Flexible working hours policy + 30 days of paid vacation
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience in B2B sales, including knowledge in the retail industry - for example, FMCG or alcohol wholesalers.
- Strong understanding of business practices and industry trends.
- A natural ‘hunter’ with the hunger to build and create a portfolio from the ground up with demonstrated successful history of closing complex deals.
- Demonstrable consultative sales approach - someone that can build relationships with big players in the market and tailor our offering and business model to a specific partner based on various parameters while still able to demonstrate ROI.
- Demonstrated work ethic and consistent over-achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analyzing sales metrics, and producing relevant KPIs.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in German and English are a must.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.