Are you a passionate IT professional seeking an opportunity where you can and have to make a difference? Does being part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies excite you? If this sounds like you, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and expanded to new areas ranging from retail, groceries, and broader retail to running our own grocery stores. While doing this, we’ve become a truly global company, currently operating in 23 countries and 100+ cities across EMEA with 8M+ registered users - and this is only the beginning.
Due to our super fast growth in Germany, we're looking for an IT Specialist to join our team in Berlin. In this brand new role you will be ensuring the team has everything related to IT in place and act as the specialist for the local team. More specifically, you’ll be managing the local IT logistics, hardware stock and provide on-site support, but also global guidance regarding IT issues.
You will be working as part of the central IT team based in Helsinki HQ, but fully drive the local office in Germany. This is a great opportunity to take ownership and be part of building and developing Wolt’s IT operations.
What you’ll be doing
- Coordinating and running the local IT logistics (incl. local IT asset management) across our German offices.
- Maintaining devices including employee devices, meeting rooms, printers etc.
- Ensuring the team has access to all of the relevant systems.
- Supporting local end-users with IT issues ad hoc.
- Building great relationships with the team members to ensure smooth collaboration when there are system changes and actions required from team members.
- Working as part of the global IT team and reporting to the IT Support Lead.
- Assisting in the global IT support and taking initiative to make suggestions and improvements in any areas you see that need to be updated / optimised.
Our humble expectations
- Strong interest and relevant experience in providing IT support in an office environment
- Fluency in German and great English skills as you will be using both languages when communicating with the central IT team and the local office.
- Technical knowledge Hardware, MacOS and Windows knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quick thinking and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work, no matter the task.
- Willingness to travel if needed.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.