Senior Public Policy Manager, EU
Are you an experienced Public Policy professional, with a genuine interest in technological innovations and platform economy? Do you want to be a part of building and scaling the international expansion in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform on-demand e-commerce. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and 180+ cities across EMEA with 12M+ registered users - and this is only the beginning.
As the platform economy is changing the ways consumers connect with restaurants and retailers, we are seeing a huge opportunity to be the industry leader with the amazing teams we have built globally.
To achieve our next growth targets, we are now looking for a Manager / Senior Manager, Public Policy, EU to join and lead our EU policy efforts. In this brand new role you will be responsible for all EU public policy work and for representing Wolt vis-a-vis EU policy makers, industry associations, and other stakeholders. You will be working with Public Policy colleagues in different regions, aligning with business leaders and coordinating cross-functional projects. The role is part of the Legal team and reports to the Head of Global Public Policy. The role is based in Brussels.
Your mission is to ensure that public policy supports our sustainable growth in the EU, and that we are a responsible and constructive partner to policy makers. You feel home at the intersection of law, politics, and business. We truly want you to be an expert but also someone who is curious and eager to learn and grow with us. You will take full ownership of our engagement with policy makers at EU level and elevate Wolt’s ability to participate in relevant societal and regulatory debates.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participate in emerging policy debates and regulatory developments around issues such as platform work, e-commerce, platform regulation, competition policy, and sustainability
- Engage with EU policy makers at all levels and brief, prep, and advice Wolt leadership on all EU policy matters
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments and assess their impact on our business
- Coordinate with other teams internally (in particular legal and comms)
- Develop engagement strategies, company positions, materials, and policy proposals
- Work with relevant external partner (agencies, trade associations, other platform operators, think thanks etc)
- Cover all legislative, policy, and enforcement initiatives impacting our business
- Proactively and independently assess and decide on any actions that help us to make sure our voice is heard in relevant processes
Our humble expectations
- A solid and relevant public policy experience in an agency, in-house, or government role
- Masters degree in law, public policy, political science or similar
- Solid experience in leading engagements in EU policy processes
- Ability to represent the company at the highest levels of decision making
- Brilliant mind with ability to think strategically and develop creative and constructive policy proposals
- Analytical mindset to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios
- Fluent in English and at least one further additional European language
- Willingness to travel
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
Click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Katariina Salomäki, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
However, please note that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language. We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.