Shift Planning Manager
Are you a service-minded professional looking for your next challenge? Does being a part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies interest you? If so, then we'd love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last few years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across Finland can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed! This would not be possible or sustainable without a very strong operations function.
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Shift Planning Manager to own the shift scheduling for Wolt Market in Finland. In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Plan shifts and develop scalable shift scheduling processes for all Wolt Markets in Finland
- Work in close co-operation with Store Managers and Operations Managers to communicate shifts and to combine the Grocery Associates' wishes and business needs
- Own shift structures and keep roles up to date in our workforce management tool (Quinyx)
- Be the first point of contact for last minute filling (e.g. sick leaves) during regular working hours
- Work in close collaboration with the HR and Legal teams, for ensuring that we are following and changing the planning according to the collective bargaining agreement (in Finnish "Kaupan alan työehtosopimus")
- React to any changes in the CBA, including the ownership of employment agreement templates in Wolt Market
- Deliver shift schedules and other reports for payroll and finance
Our humble expectations
- Strong knowledge from shift scheduling and/or resource planning in similar fields (such as accounting, project management or leading volunteers)
- Ability to take ownership, design processes from the scratch, create guidelines and teach others (as we are building something completely new to us, you need to have a clear vision and understanding how this should be done)
- Experience in working with collective bargaining agreements (preferably Kaupan alan työehtosopimus)
- Comfortable to focus on details as well as continuously develop practices in a team
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Salem Mansuri, Talent Acquisition Partner:
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page, and submit your application in English!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.