Trainee, Business Control
Are you a fast learner, who has a passion for technology and loves supporting financial planning & analysis? Do you have excellent stakeholder management skills and would you like to work in a fast-paced environment? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food & retail delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
As we continue to scale, we want to provide our senior management with the best possible support when it comes to managing the business, forecasting and budgeting processes and tools. Therefore, our Business Control team has an opening for a Trainee, Business Control. Currently, we consist of four team members and we are based in our HQ, in the heart of Helsinki.
In this role you will be responsible for stakeholder management of our management reporting and planning system NSPB (NetSuite Planning and Budgeting), learn to use and develop the system and later on even take responsibility for developing modules of your own.
The majority of our forecasting comes from our senior management, both in our central functions and Operations spread across our 23 countries. You will be working closely with them by supporting their forecasting work and ensuring top tier user experience.
You will be reporting to our Head of Business Control. We've recently laid out the foundation for our future forecasting environment by implementing NSPB, and you’ll have the exciting opportunity to be part of this journey as we build it further. This means you’ll get the chance to shape how business forecasting works in the fastest growing technology firm in Europe - think about that! :)
What you’ll be doing:
- Learning to use and develop NSPB, administering it and later on taking on your own development projects.
- Working with senior management, enabling their forecasting work and ensuring top tier user experience.
- Contribute to forecasting processes and logics used for business planning at Wolt.
Our humble expectations
- Degree in Business and Technology (e.g. Industrial Engineering and Management, Knowledge Management, Information Technology).
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Strong financial acumen: you understand the role and interrelationships of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements. Experience in developing corporate reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes is a plus.
- Basic knowledge or experience of scripting or coding, working with dimensional databases or handling complex data and queries.
- Prior experience in IT concepting is considered a plus.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply by the deadline of 31st July 2021 and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- 6 month paid internship with the possibility to go permanent
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Sameer Murtaza, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.