Logistics & Procurement Lead
Are you a seasoned professional in logistics and procurement? Are you experienced in sourcing, product management and logistics Japan wide? Do enjoy working in an fast growing international environment? Are you a creative problem solver that likes moving in the fast lane? If so, then we'd love to speak with you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 200 cities across EMEA, servicing over 12M registered users.
We have launched our services in Japan in March 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for our Logistics & Procurement Lead to join the team.
What you’ll be doing
- Forecasting and ordering restaurant & courier partner gear
- Logistics - creating and developing our shipment & warehousing processes
- New Products - investigating how we could develop our gear
- Negotiating with suppliers especially on the restaurant side for better deals as we grow our ordering volumes
- Supporting local teams in their inventory management
- Reporting monthly inventory levels to our Finance team
- Leverage the central resources to be more efficient
- Be informed, get involved and make things happen
- Set the standards, lead by example and represent Wolt by living through our values
Our humble expectations
- Preferably experience from last-mile logistics projects
- Analytical mindset and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to understand, analyze, and optimize complex businesses
- You have a hands on mentality and when you see something is not working, you are able to take the actions needed
- Fluent in Japanese & English
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Riku Hakanen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.