Buyer (Equipment and Leasing) - Global Procurement
Are you experienced in indirect procurement? Are you a top performer in negotiating and designing contracts? Do you have experience with service agreements and leasing and are you looking for a challenge to be part of building a fast-growing, globally active company and define how we do things at Wolt? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
In Global Procurement we are looking for the ideal candidate to join our team of indirect buyers. This position will own the sourcing and procurement of equipment & services for our 23 countries. A main focus area will be our fast expanding Wolt Markets, which are small, local warehouses. This position will focus on buying or leasing all types of equipment and services related to food and non-food warehouse operations. Additionally, you will also look into other indirect spend categories such as office supplies or services.
In this role, you’ll get support from your awesome team, but with your experience you are expected to be an amazing independent buyer with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive sourcing, procurement and standardization of equipment with main focus on requirements for our Wolt Market stores in 23 countries
- Define and optimize leasing models and contracts together with our finance team
- Design, negotiate and monitor contracts in collaboration with Stakeholders, Legal and IT Security
- Identify sourcing alternatives to drive efficiencies via benchmarking and competitive quotes
- Be responsible for supplier relationship management and interact with suppliers on a regular basis
- Monitor contracts and report on KPIs
- Collaborate with other internal HQ and country team stakeholders regarding requirements, forecasting and supplier performance
- Ensure smooth procure to pay process by working with the stakeholders and finance team
- Support ERP implementation, policies and procedures for a growing organization
Our humble expectations
- Extensive relevant professional experience in indirect procurement and/or a degree in business studies or economics.
- You have experience in managing sourcing projects, negotiations, contract optimization, vendor management and tendering.
- Excellent communication skills in English enable you to successfully manage external and internal stakeholders in a solution oriented way.
- You have good analytical skills
- You work in a structured and independent manner and are willing to work in an intense, growing environment.
- High willingness to learn
- You like to take ownership and to build things from the ground up
- You are a highly motivated team player and are flexible when it comes to new and changing tasks.
- You are fluent in English and eligible to work in the EU
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.