Sustainability Manager - Global Procurement
Are you experienced within driving sustainability and social responsibility projects across organizations and supply chains? Are you looking to make a difference by building a global supply chain focusing on social responsibility and sustainable solutions? Would you love to be part of creating concepts for the food delivery industry how to tackle challenges in food and packaging waste and recycling? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform - you can read more about our story below.
We are currently operating in 23 countries and 180+ cities. This new position is a part of the Global Procurement team, within Global Operations. Global Operations is a task force within Wolt that helps our country teams’ business grow and scale. Global Operations helps drive long-term strategy, scalable processes, and a sustainable business model across our entire base of operations. The role is based in Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm or Berlin and reports to our Head of Global Procurement.
In Global Procurement we have built a solid supplier foundation for our courier and restaurant gear and a global supply chain to serve all our markets. We are now looking for a sustainability manager to define and implement Wolt’s sustainability and CSR concept for the supply chain and across the organization and to set guidelines for responsible sourcing, sustainable materials and social compliance. You will drive strategic sustainability related projects across the entire organization and look into topics which go beyond supply chain related topics. Furthermore, you will assess options of circular system concepts in our supply chain and engage with potential external partners for global and local solutions. To underline our global environmental and social responsibility you will be a driver in engaging in global social and environment projects with international partners together with our communications and PR team.
In this role, you’ll get support from your awesome team, but with your experience you are expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day. You will have a strong impact on ensuring that global procurement becomes a key driver on Wolt’s sustainability strategy by being hands on and taking on the unique opportunity to define and drive our sustainability roadmap.
What you’ll be doing
- Define and implement Wolt’s sustainability and CSR concept for the supply chain and across the organization
- Set guidelines for responsible sourcing, sustainable materials and social compliance
- Measure, monitor and report on the environmental footprint of our products
- Define Wolt’s factory audit standards for social and environmental responsibility
- Own our quality assurance including the process for quality checks and the traceability of sustainable materials
- Explore together with the buying team which organic, recycled and low impact materials can be used to reduce the environmental footprint of our apparel and food packaging ranges.
- Assess options of circular system concepts in our supply chain and engage with potential external partners for global and local solutions
- Engage in global social and environment projects with international partners
- Work closely on a daily level with our buying team and be a strong stakeholder for our communications team
Our humble expectations
- You have strong sustainability knowledge in both environmental and social topics on a strategic and tactical level
- You have extensive experience with strategic development of sustainability topics in an international business environment
- Experience in the apparel or food packaging industry is a plus
- You have deep knowledge of sustainable materials in apparel and/or packaging to drive our product development towards more sustainability
- You are a strong project manager with good stakeholder management across all levels
- You have a strong will to make a difference and influence how we do things at Wolt
- You have a hands on mentality and you thrive in an environment involving problem solving and finding creative and innovative solutions
- You are willing to travel
- You are fluent in English and eligible to work in the EU
- You will be based in Copenhagen (preferred), Helsinki, Stockholm or Berlin
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact on packaging and sustainability in the food delivery industry, then Wolt just might be for you.