Courier Operations Team Lead
Are you a pro when it comes to all things Operations? Does working for one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies excite you? We’re looking for the next piece of the puzzle for our Operations team in Israel so keep reading if this sounds like you!
Our journey within Israel started in the fall of 2018. Since then, we’ve launched in 25 cities and the country has become one of our fastest-growing ‘Woltwide’.
As Courier Operations Team Lead, you will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager and managing a fast-growing team of Team Leads and Operations Associates who are all in charge of the “Pre-Partnership” stage in the Courier Partners’ life cycle which includes:
- The onboarding funnel
- Gear logistics
- New city launches.
Each of these life-cycle stages has it’s own team, along with a team lead, all of whom are your responsibility. All of these stages are essential to the smooth running of our business - if we can’t supply enough Couriers to meet the delivery demands of our customers then everything will grind to a halt!
As a Courier Partner Lead, you will be optimising our day to day operations, connecting with global focal points, tracking data and of course promoting the well-being and growth of your team members.
You will be proactively planning, maintaining and optimising everything in your specific focus areas, as well as supporting and nurturing the goals of the entire Operations team as we continue to grow and expand rapidly.
In our Operations team life moves fast and there is no typical day, so in order to be successful in this role you will need to be self-motivated, confident, and very creative, be a proactive independent thinker and possess leadership skills.
Our operations run seven days a week in multiple cities - although this role is mainly a Sunday-Thursday job, sometimes it will require to be available on weekends too.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing team leads who are in charge of different fields of expertise and managing operation associates who work on a part-time basis
- Making sure your team and team leads are keeping up with their KPIs
- Providing key insights to your different teams in order to optimize their performance
- Managing and forecasting Courier supply levels across all locations in Israel - enabling our company to keep growing steadily.
- Managing and forecasting Courier gear levels and inventory
- Sourcing local and global solutions with the global Procurement team
- Collaborating with different local teams during city launches and special campaigns/events (such as marketing, sales, support et;)
- Rolling-out global processes in our local market
- Keeping our pre-partnership process an innovative beacon to countries ‘Woltwide’
- Raising topics and challenges to global operations and product teams while tracking them to completion.
- Drilling into data related to our onboarding and logistics processes, and extracting relevant insights to your teams and organisation.
Our humble expectations
- Preferably 3+ years experience in Operations and in team management or support team management from the tech-industry
- Leadership experience and the ability to show the direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members
- Excellent communicator and big team motivator as you will need to work with different teams locally and globally. You’re an expert when it comes to handling crowds and you are confident in expressing your social skills.
- You know your way around presentations and public speaking.
- Analytical thinker, with a problem solving attitude
- Data oriented - you are not afraid to drill into the numbers while using different tools and dashboards
- You are a fast learner, who is not afraid to dive into challenges.
- Thorough and organized - you accomplish tasks with all ends tied and have great attention to details
- Proactive planner and thorough thinker as you constantly seek new ways to improve processes
- You have a can-do attitude and are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Fluent in Hebrew and English as you will be working with different teams locally and globally.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Jonny Hyde, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.