Head of HR
Are you an experienced HR leader, with a genuine interest in high growth companies? Do you want to be building and scaling HR and Talent Development in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Since we launched in Israel in 2018, our business has grown phenomenally - we’re now an organisation of more than 500 dedicated Wolters, working with hundreds of restaurants and retailers across the country, bringing our customers everything from pizza to paracetamol.
The People team at Wolt currently consists of about 45 HR and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv and Tokyo. To reach our next exciting stage growth plans, we are now expanding our People team and looking for an experienced HR professional to build and lead our HR team in Israel.
As the Head of HR in Israel you will have a holistic ownership of HR locally,, focusing on leading the local HR Operations, Talent Development and acting as a “business partner” to the local senior management. The core focus of the role, especially in the beginning, is setting up the HR function locally, so actually further developing the core HR processes, policies, practices, ways or working and obviously also the team, with the support of the central HR team. Ideally, you have a strong generalist background, so they would have experience in multiple areas of HR, but especially HR Operations and Business HR. From a background perspective, you ideally have either led an HR function locally or who has worked as a senior HR Business Partner. Having a “builder” mindset and taking strong initiative will be key success factors in the role.
Most importantly, you need to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in - we don’t want you sitting on the sidelines waiting to be told what to do, we want you to take the initiative and drive our HR function, leading from the front!
What you'll be doing
- Building and leading an HR function locally for Wolt in Israel, with the aim to build the function with a “best in the world” mindset from day 1.
- Having holistic ownership of the HR, from HR Operations, to Talent Development, to business HR in Israel.
- Owning all HR processes and practices locally, ensuring they are fit for our hyper-growth and thus have the extreme scalability factor built into them.
- Collaborating with the General Manager and local leadership to define the organization's long-term mission and goals, identifying ways to support this mission through talent management, drive our culture through focus on our people
- Identifying key performance indicators for the organizations HR and talent management functions; assesses the organization's success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Having responsibility for the local compliance when it comes to our people operations, policies and processes.
- Being a business partner for our team-leads locally and advising them on all people related matters together with the support of central HR.
- Having ownership and working with our local “HR related” vendors, to ensure our vendor landscape matches to the needs we have locally.
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid background and multi-year experience from leading an HR organisation, focusing especially on the Israel market.
- You’re a true HR generalist who can juggle between HR Operations, Talent Development and Business HR.
- You have experience in setting up an HR team. You know what it requires to come up with the ways-of-working, processes, policies and the team to make your operation successful.
- Strong knowledge of the local legal landscape and statutory requirements when it comes to employee legislation.
- You are a strong communicator, near native fluency in English.
- You have a problem-solving and can-do attitude combined with networking skills and a willingness to take initiative.
- You should also work well in a team, but also handle tasks independently and with your own initiative.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Jonny Hyde, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.