Operations Specialist - Wolt Market
Are you an entrepreneur by heart and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? Do you have strong project management skills? If this sounds like you, then read further!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world-leading customer experience. People across Estonia can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed!
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. As such, we are looking for an Operations Specialist to help set up our Wolt Market operations and prepare successful launches. You’ll be part of a wide range of tasks, such as managing launch projects, identifying and viewing potential locations for our Wolt Market stores, hiring and onboarding the picking and packing staff (Grocery Associates) and Store Managers, as well as picking and packing yourself - and much more.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way but are also expected to be an amazing independent contributor with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing:
- Travelling (a lot) while working very closely with the Expansion Team on new city launches, and potentially new country launches.
- Using data to analyze ideal locations for Wolt Markets in Estonia identifying and viewing possible locations and real estate.
- Being responsible for “setting up” new Wolt Market stores.
- Taking part in various tasks related to setting up a new business. This might be negotiating favourable lease & renovation terms with real estate agents, or hiring and onboarding new Grocery Associates and Store Managers.
- Working very hands-on from managing a project of launching a store to picking and packing orders yourself.
- Ensuring that every store is operational by the launch date.
- Working very closely with Expansion Managers on optimizing our Expansion “cookbook”.
- Communicating with different stakeholders within Wolt (expansion, talent team, legal, finance, global teams and operations team in our food delivery business).
Our humble expectations
- You are a curious entrepreneur and you love to work in a fast paced environment.
- You’re ready to travel and live out of a suitcase.
- Ability to learn fast and improve processes.
- You might have worked in sales. real estate, operations or project management.
- You have a hands-on and proactive approach to work.
- Experience in recruitment is a plus.
- You are a good communicator in written and spoken English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Antoinette Kley-Gomez, Talent Acquisition Partner: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 50,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 100,000 courier partners across 23 countries and close to 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.