Head of Sales
Are you an ambitious sales manager with proven experience of leading a high performing team? Are you obsessed with continuous growth and driving best-practice processes to consistently improve efficiency and results? If so, then we want to speak with you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and until recently, we’ve been best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order everything from pizza to paracetamol and either pick it up at the venue or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We’ve been growing rapidly in Croatia ever since we entered the market in 2018. From our humble start in Zagreb we’ve expanded to 9 other cities with even more growth planned in the coming months!
This growth has been achieved due to the incredible drive of our amazing team - we're motivated to grow even more and as such, we’re looking for like-minded people to help us achieve our next goals. We plan to scale even more as we go into 2022 and our new Head of Sales will be a crucial part of this!
We’re now looking for a motivated Head of Sales to take ownership of the commercial activities in the region. A large part of the role is managing a sales team that is among the best performing ‘Woltwide’. They already have high standards and expectations of themselves, they need a leader that can not only embrace this, but help to push them onto the next level!
As such, you’ll need to be the sales expert that can identify and introduce ways to work more effectively, help the team to overcome challenges and also get stuck in with some hands-on client management.
Reporting into the General Manager, you’ll also work with other team leads in the region to create the commercial strategy and plot the roadmap for our continued growth in Croatia.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating and implementing the sales strategy to develop the portfolio and grow Wolt’s business in the market, as well as building needed processes for pipeline management.
- Owning the restaurant portfolio development strategy, which includes evaluating market potential and mapping potential new areas, identifying gaps in venue portfolio, keeping abreast of competitor activities and developing/adjusting plans when needed.
- Identifying and tracking KPIs and targets across other sales focus areas, key account development, and new market opportunities.
- Conducting negotiations with larger multinational partnerships together with the Global Restaurant team.
- Leading the entire restaurant team and instilling ‘best in the world’ approach in all that you do. This includes working alongside the central Talent Acquisition team to recruit, onboard and continuously develop high performing superstars.
Our humble expectations
- Proven track record from managing a sales team and leading from the front.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analysing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Experience from within the HORECA industry, or a deep understanding of the food delivery tech market and our competitors.
- Passion for sales and networking, with strong local connections.
- Fluent in English and Croatian.
If you are excited about working in a high growth environment, taking ownership and being part of an extremely high performing team, we’d love to hear from you!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so send through your application ASAP :)
If you have any questions, you can reach out to:
Reija Oksanen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.