Buyer (IT) - Global Procurement
Are you an expert in IT software and hardware sourcing? Are you a top performer in negotiating and designing contracts? Do you love working with data and are you looking for a challenge to be part of building a fast-growing, globally active company and define how we do things at Wolt? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
In Global Procurement we are looking for the ideal candidate to join our team of indirect buyers. This position will have a strong focus on sourcing and procurement of software and hardware. On the software sourcing side your role will be to work together with the application owners to negotiate the best prices and contracts for Wolt. On the hardware side we are one of the Nordics biggest buyers of iPads while we are also rolling out Android devices in our new business lines.
In this role, you’ll get support from your awesome team, but with your experience you are expected to be an amazing independent buyer with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving sourcing and procurement of IT in the field of subscription type of Software and IT Services, IT Hardware and IT Infrastructure.
- Defining and optimising licensing models together with application owners.
- Designing, negotiating and monitoring contracts in collaboration with Stakeholders, Legal and IT Security.
- Identifying sourcing alternatives to drive efficiencies via benchmarking and competitive quotes.
- Being responsible for supplier relationship management and interact with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Monitoring contracts and report on KPIs.
- Advising on strategic planning and decisions.
- Ensuring smooth procure to pay process by working with the stakeholders and finance team
- Supporting ERP implementation, policies and procedures for a growing organization.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive relevant professional experience and/or a degree in IT, business studies or economics.
- You have experience in managing sourcing projects, negotiations, contract optimization, vendor management and tendering.
- You have a high interest in IT and other indirect spend categories and are curious to extend your knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills in English enable you to successfully manage external and internal stakeholders in a solution oriented way.
- You have good analytical skills
- You work in a structured and independent manner and are willing to work in an intense, growing environment.
- You like to take ownership and to build things from the ground up
- You are a highly motivated team player and are flexible when it comes to new and changing tasks.
- You are fluent in English and eligible to work in the EU.
- You will be based out of Copenhagen, Berlin or Helsinki, depending on your location.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + Stock options plan + Benefits
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.