Regional People Partner, Baltics
Are you an experienced HR professional, with deep regional HR leadership experience across Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, and a genuine interest and passion towards the operational side of HR? Do you want to be a part of building and scaling HR Operations in a truly global tech organization, currently spread across 23 markets? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, (actually so significantly that In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest-growing company) expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The Wolt People Team currently consists of over 100 HR and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tbilisi, Budapest, Tel-Aviv and Tokyo. To reach the next stage of our exciting growth plans we are continuing to expand our People Team and are now looking for our first People Partner for our Baltics region to be based in Tallinn, Estonia.
You would join with HR responsibility for our operations in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, plus any new markets we may in the future expand into in the region. We see explosive growth opportunities ahead of us in our Baltics markets, and so you would be joining at a pivotal moment as we gear up.
We're currently in a very strong scale-up mode and so this would be a very hands-on role.
On the one hand, you’ll be partnering up with the General Manager and Team Leads on a wide range of people-related topics, while on the other hand generating employee documentation, being responsible for payroll data quality, and onboarding new members of the team. You will have full employee life cycle responsibilities for your ~260 (and increasing) teammates, and be laser-focused on building for them a world-class employee experience. At the same time, you will have the overall HR responsibility in the region, so you are expected to also independently drive the people agenda for your countries.
What you’ll be doing
- Designing and driving the regional people agenda by, above all, partnering with the General Manager and Team Leads, with whom you will also proactively guide, spar and support on all HR and people-related matters across your region.
- Full day-to-day employee life cycle support to employees in your Wolt countries, from onboarding to offboarding, and on all of their HR and people related questions in between.
- Ensuring HR compliance on a regional level, for example managing / being the point of escalation on employee relations cases, as well as driving improvements in our country-specific policies, practices and team lead guides.
- Implementing HR programs and policies, including those relating to organisational design, compensation, benefits, leadership development, relocation and mobility, employee relations, and training.
- Managing and maintaining employee and payroll data, predominantly in Workday, along with collating supplementary payroll materials and adjustments for the monthly payroll cycle.
- Finally, being a vital link between your countries and the rest of the People team, ensuring that our people processes fit the needs of our operation in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Our humble expectations
- You have prior experience as an HR Manager / People Partner (or similar) having worked in a regional capacity across at least Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, ideally in a much broader multi-country, global environment.
- You have sound, working knowledge of local labor laws and collective agreements in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- You have previously worked closely with Workday (or other HR systems), people policies (creation and maintenance) and compensation and benefits-related topics.
- You have a strong understanding of all core people processes, with a view of what works and what doesn’t.
- You have hands-on experience with monthly payroll cycle management.
- A passion for tech and data is a must, as you’ll be taking care of HR-related reporting and analytics.
- You are a strong communicator, with full professional proficiency in English and Russian, plus ideally Latvian, Lithuanian or Estonian.
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively.
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills.
- You work well in a remote team environment, and are completely comfortable collaborating remotely and dynamically using digital tools such as Slack and Zoom.
If you are excited about working with the nicest of people, in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Victoria, email@example.com
Please note that, we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 210+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.