Country Controller - Baltics
Are you an experienced finance professional, with a real passion for delivering exceptional service in a collaborative team? Does a Country Controller role in a global tech organization sound like your ideal next opportunity? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As we continue to scale, we’re now looking for an experienced Country Controller to help us focus on our local accounting efforts in the Baltic area. You will sit with the local country team in Vilnius but report to the Local Accounting Lead in Helsinki and work directly with the centralized Finance team. The Country Controller is responsible for all local compliance and reporting, but as this is the first local accounting hire in the Baltics, the role will also include setting up the local scalable accounting processes, while assisting the local teams with accounting related enquiries, such as payment follow-ups, explanations of reports provided to restaurant partners etc.
What makes the Finance team so special is our ‘service first’ approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimized and that things get done quickly and efficiently.
Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach! :)
What you'll be doing
- Manage all aspects of Wolt Baltics (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) accounting; accurate and timely monthly reporting, annual financial statements and other statutory reporting required in Baltics
- Responsible for creating fully reconciled financial position in Wolt Baltics
- Lead the delivery of local and global finance initiatives, financial process implementation and ensuring the compliance on global policies
- Maintain and strengthen the key internal and external relationships including local auditors, authorities and senior management both locally and internationally
- Close cooperation with other local teams in order to ensure local financial matters are supported
- Primary point of contact with Finance dept in HQ
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience with local statutory accounting and tax compliance.
- Solid background in relevant bookkeeping or accounting roles, preferably from a multinational company.
- Masters degree in accounting or CPA / ACCA, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with IFRS is an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of autonomous problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable in undertaking both hands-on daily tasks as well as impacting bigger picture projects and roadmaps.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Prior experience in NetSuite is an advantage.
- Fluent in local language and English, both spoken and written.
- Must be able to be based in Vilnius.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 23 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Komi, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language. We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.