Operations Manager - Wolt Market
Are you a stellar distribution operations professional? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and getting your hands dirty? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across Japan can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed! This would not be possible or sustainable without a very strong operations function.
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Operations Manager to build our end to end groceries operation from fulfillment to delivery. The role will also be critical in defining the optimal Dark Store operations organization in Japan.
As a Wolt Market Operations Manager you have full ownership of operations. You are leading everything related to how operations take place and are responsible for finding and setting up new locations, optimising store layout, improving picking and packing costs, ensuring a great user experience and providing leadership to a team of store managers and grocery associates. Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your operation.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for the end-to end groceries operation, from fulfillment to delivery.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of your operation. Key focus areas include: safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity.
- Hiring and leading are one of your main responsibilities, while you maintain a motivated team of Wolt Market store managers and associates.
- Provide day to day leadership and guidance to store managers and associates to optimise store operations and guarantee operational excellence.
- Drive creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other change initiatives to support and enable store managers to meet and exceed Business Plan.
- Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall store/country objectives.
- Define the optimal Dark store operations organization in local teams.
Our humble expectations
- Operations Management experience in a distribution environment. Experience in e-commerce or on demand fulfillment is a strong plus.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required.
- Experience of leading a team.
- Fluency in Japanese and English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
- A hands-on, proactive, practical, pragmatic attitude.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Ken Tsunoda, Talent Acquisition Partner: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 50,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 100,000 courier partners across 23 countries and close 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.