Head of HR, Germany
Are you an experienced HR / People professional, with a genuine interest in high growth companies? Do you want to be building and scaling HR and Talent Development in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 120 cities across EMEA, servicing 9M registered users - and this is only the beginning.
The People Team at Wolt currently consists of about 50 HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv and Tokyo.
As the Head of HR in Germany you will have a holistic ownership of HR locally in Germany, focusing on leading the local HR Operations, Talent Development and acting as an advisor and business partner to the local Senior Management. The core focus of the role is to develop the HR function locally, so building some core HR processes, policies, practices, ways or working and obviously also the team, with the support of the central HR team. Ideally, you have a strong generalist background.
What you’ll be doing
- Building and leading an HR function locally for Wolt in Germany, with the aim to build the function with a “best in the world” mindset from day 1.
- Having holistic ownership of the HR, from HR Operations, to Talent Development, to business HR in Germany.
- Owning all HR processes and practices locally, ensuring they are fit for our hyper-growth and thus have the extreme scalability factor built into them.
- Having responsibility for the local compliance when it comes to our people operations, policies and processes.
- Being a business partner for our team-leads locally and advising them on all people related matters together with the support of central HR.
- Having ownership and working with our local “HR related” vendors, to ensure our vendor landscape matches to the needs we have locally.
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid background and multi-year experience from leading an HR organisation, focusing especially on the German market.
- You’re a true HR generalist who can juggle between HR Operations, Talent Development and Business HR.
- You have experience in setting up an HR team. You know what it requires to come up with the ways-of-working, processes, policies and the team to make your operation successful.
- Strong knowledge of the local legal landscape and statutory requirements when it comes to employee legislation.
- You are a strong communicator and fluency in German and English.
- You have a problem-solving and can-do attitude combined with networking skills and a willingness to take initiative.
- You should also work well in a team, but also handle tasks independently and with your own initiative.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.