Construction Project Manager - Wolt Market
Are you a project management professional obsessed with managing construction projects? Do you enjoy coming up with fast solutions to problems and plan B’s (and C’s and D’s)? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and getting your hands dirty? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started!
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and a world leading customer experience. People across our markets can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorsteps in lightspeed!
We are looking for a Project Manager to lead the construction of Wolt Market stores across Finland. In this critical role, you will be defining and implementing project management tools and best practises to ensure a fast and efficient launch of Wolt Markets. As the Construction Project Manager, you will have full ownership of the construction of Wolt Market stores, from signed lease to the handover to operations. Your main goal will be to deliver the finished Wolt Market in a fast and cost efficient way. This role requires coordination between multiple stakeholders with competing priorities - your job will be to bring everyone together and find a path forward.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent leader with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading all construction projects for Wolt Markets across Finland.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Coordinating between Wolt Expansion Managers, Wolt Operations and other stakeholders, such as the general contractor, architect, landlord etc.
- Managing project schedules, budgets and risk, and escalating when necessary.
- Visiting sites as needed.
Our humble expectations
- Experience in construction project management in retail or grocery settings.
- Experience working with expansion is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and lease documents.
- You are highly organized with experience in managing multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Experience in defining and implementing new processes.
- Ability to think ahead, identify and solve problems and come up with alternate solutions in a dynamic environment.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Full professional proficiency in Finnish and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Salem Mansuri, Talent Acquisition Partner:
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.