Head of Compensation & Rewards
Are you an experienced Compensation and Rewarding professional, ready for your next exciting step? Do you want to help us build and scale our Compensation and Reward practices, in a truly global tech organization, spreading across 23 markets? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 best known for our food and retail delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last few years and in 2020 the Financial Times named us Europe’s second-fastest growing company. Today, we operate in 23 countries across Europe and Asia – and we’re just getting started.
To reach our next exciting growth plans we are now expanding our People team and looking for an experienced Compensation and Rewards professional to join our team. We are currently a team of 45 people located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin Tel-Aviv and Tokyo . This role is based either in our Helsinki or Berlin office. For the role, we'd love to see someone who has previous experience in building, scaling and leading Compensation and Rewards in a global, multi-country environment.
As our Head of Compensation & Rewards you’ll take ownership of our Compensation and Rewards practices globally. The role is completely new for us. Despite some fantastic processes and practices already in place in the area, we’ve recognised the need to have better overarching ownership of the rewards area to ensure we keep developing our practices along with the growth journey of the company. We’d love to find someone up for the challenge!
What you’ll be doing
- Above all taking ownership of the area of Compensation & Rewards globally, including compensation policies, processes and practices.
- Responsibility of developing and implementing our reward strategy, including compensation elements and packages, local benefits, merit processes, variable pay and our ESOP plan to ensure our rewarding stays competitive in the the global environment we operate in
- Having ownership of our job architecture and compensation benchmark approach globally
- Overall, have a strong development approach to our compensation processes, to ensure our processes and practices scale with the rest of the company.
- Partner closely with business leaders, our HR team, finance and legal, acting as a subject matter expert in all compensation matters and overall lead and communicate the company's total rewards philosophy.
- Partner with other teams in HR to ensure compliance across all of our operating countries
- Have a key role in our strategic HR projects related to e.g. our funding rounds, M&A, future HR service delivery and organisational design.
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid background and multi-year experience from leading Compensation and Rewards preferably in a truly global, multi-country environment.
- Strong compensation consultation and partnership skills; ability to build solid relationships and partner across function.
- Ability to build and scale compensation processes and practices in a high-growth environment while at the same time building your own team and function.
- You understand modern HR solutions (preferably Workday), understand how to build the compensation processes into a modern SaaS solution.
- You are a strong communicator, near native fluency in English.
- You have a problem-solving and can-do attitude combined with networking skills and a willingness to take initiative.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Katariina Salomäki, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!