Are you a motivator with excellent communication skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, then we'd love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery and retail platform. We have launched our services in Azerbaijan in the summer of 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step, by launching in such cities as Baku, Sumgait, and Ganja. Due to the rapid growth, we are now looking for an Operations Specialist to join our Operations Team in Baku.
The Ops team in each country is the heart and soul of Wolt. Every country team is a startup within the company. As a member of our Ops, you must have a passion for getting things done and solving problems daily together with your team. There will be no two days alike as you set out to build a new business in your market.
As our Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for project management and improvement of our processes, that also includes working with analytical tools to analyse the data. You’ll ensure a healthy and balanced level of courier partners at all times, as well as that our Courier Partners are well taken care of, and that they have everything they need in order to provide the best quality of service throughout all stages of delivery - from our restaurants to the customers.
In this role, no day is the same and there’s always something to do. As such, you need to be adaptable, self-motivated, and driven to succeed. You must also have excellent interpersonal and community-building skills - we think service first at all times! Our operations run seven days a week in multiple cities - although this role is mainly a Monday-Friday job, sometimes it will require you to be available on the weekend or to travel to another city.
What you'll be doing
- Ensuring healthy and smooth delivery operations in all the cities
- Taking ownership and ensuring smooth delivery of all day-to-day activities of the team
- Working with data and reports to provide the team guidance on making the right data-driven decisions
- Taking part in reviewing, designing, and improving our processes relating to courier operations (gear, inventory, daily supply)
- Performing deep dives into various aspects of operations to provide an in-depth understanding from a data perspective
- Leading and managing courier introductions and onboarding
- Creating effective communication for courier partners
- Increasing courier retention and partnership satisfaction
- Building and managing relations with 3rd parties (courier fleets, vendors)
- Identifying and escalating matters of importance to the Operations Manager
Our humble expectations
- Relevant education or experience
- Excellent communicator and a big team motivator as you will have daily contact with our couriers
- Ability to think analytically and use analytical tools, such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel (experience with data visualization tools is a good addition)
- Ability to lead by example and show direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members and your couriers on their way
- A fast learner and attentive to both small details and the bigger picture
- Thorough and organised - you accomplish tasks with all ends tied and have great attention to detail
- You have a can-do attitude and are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- You can manage ‘freedom under responsibility' and are able to manage your own tasks and schedule
- Flexible in terms of working hours, as you might need to work during weekends occasionally
- Preferably a background in operations, stakeholder/project management
- Fluent in Azerbaijani, English and Russian
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Application deadline is on Friday, September 24, 2021. We will start reviewing applications after the deadline, and will then be in touch with all applicants! :)
Please note that we do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our jobs portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 80,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.