Real Estate Manager - Wolt Market
Are you an experienced Real Estate professional with a great eye for detail and scaling experience? Do you have previous experience in commercial real estate and enjoy working in a fast paced environment solving complex problems? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across Japan can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed!
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. To fuel that growth we need to build a network of dark stores that will enable us to deliver to our customers quickly and enable efficient operations while moving at rocket speed. We are looking for a Global Real Estate Manager to build our real estate operations playbook. You will be responsible for the establishing and optimising Wolt Market’s real estate development process from inception and location of site, negotiating leases, store design and construction, giving it over to operations and managing our facilities. You will also be leading global relationships with real estate agents or other partners.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting, highly analytical and thrive in a high energy environment – with minimum 5 years experience in commercial real estate.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and lead a team that is responsible for sourcing new locations, negotiating and finalizing leases, overseeing new location fit-out and construction and managing the facilities of all Wolt Dark stores.
- Create and implement a sound Real Estate strategy that ensures hyper efficient real estate acquisition that is matched with precision fit-out and construction.
- Write the Wolt Real Estate Playbook, and iterate and improve it with every new launch.
- Conduct the financial analysis on potential locations to inform our Real Estate strategy aligned with our growth plans.
- Effectively communicate expectations, requirements and status of projects to key business partners – both internal and external.
- Execute processes to ensure project execution is completed consistently and predictably at a fast pace.
- Ensure all Wolt facilities are compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Manage Global broker and Landlord relationships.
Our humble expectations
- 5+ years’ experience in real estate management leveraging a combination of internal and external resources. Retail scaling experience is a strong plus.
- 5+ years’ experience negotiating leases, contracts, and similar documents
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements to streamline projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate Wolt Market requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, partners, etc.)
- Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions.
- Ability to learn fast and adapt your strategies and tactics to the dynamic world of super-fast delivery.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese. Experience in building and managing partnerships with suppliers and/or external customers.
- Excellent business judgment, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Ken Tsunoda, Talent Acquisition Partner: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.