Do you have multi-year experience working in People/HR Operations as a Generalist? Have you been working on HR-related processes and talent development for the Japanese market? Are you up for the challenge of creating our people policy for the Japanese market from scratch? If this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. Our services launching in Japan in March 2020, and has been growing fast city after city.
Our People team is growing together with the rest of the organization - from being a team of three people just 18 months ago, we’re now a team of 20+ people spread across Helsinki, Copenhagen and Tokyo.
The HR Lead of Japan will have a holistic ownership of HR locally in Japan, focusing on local HR Operations, Talent Development and acting as a “business partner” to the local business teams. The core focus of the role, especially in the beginning, is setting up the HR function locally, so actually building the core HR processes, policies, practices, ways or working and obviously also the team, with the support of the central HR team. Ideally, the candidate would have a strong generalist background, so they would have experience in multiple areas of HR, but especially HR Operations and Talent Development would be key areas to focus on. From a background perspective, a person who has either led an HR function locally or who has worked as a senior-ish HR Business Partner might be an ideal fit. Having a “builder” mindset and taking strong initiative will be key success factors in the role.
What you'll be doing
- Building and leading an HR function locally for Wolt in Japan, with the aim to build the function with a “best in the world” mindset from day 1.
- Having holistic ownership of the HR, from HR Operations, to Talent Development, to business HR in Japan.
- Owning all HR processes and practices locally, ensuring they are fit for our hyper-growth and thus have the extreme scalability factor built into them.
- Having responsibility for the local compliance when it comes to our people operations, policies and processes.
- Being a business partner for our team-leads locally and advising them on all people related matters together with the support of central HR.
- Having ownership and working with our local “HR related” vendors, to ensure our vendor landscape matches to the needs we have locally.
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid background and multi-year experience from leading an HR organization, focusing especially on the Japan market.
- You’re a true HR generalist who can juggle between HR Operations, Talent Development and Business HR.
- You have experience in setting up an HR team. You know what it requires to come up with the ways-of-working, processes, policies and the team to make your operation successful.
- Strong knowledge of the local legal landscape and statutory requirements when it comes to employee legislation.
- You are a strong communicator, near native fluency in Japanese and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Riku Hakanen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 90 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.