Head of Partnerships
Are you an ambitious sales manager with proven experience of leading a high performing team? Are you obsessed with continuous growth and driving best-practice processes to consistently improve efficiency and results? If so, then we want to speak with you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 90 cities across EMEA, servicing over 7M registered users.
We have launched our services in Japan in March 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for the Head of Partnerships to join our Restaurant team in Tokyo.
Reporting directly to the local General Manager, the Head of Partnerships is responsible for leading the strategic partnerships with large Enterprise restaurant chains and strategic partnership to drive Wolt’s growth in the market. The Head of Partnerships works together with the country team, including General Manager, Restaurant Partnership Manager, Operations Manager, Marketing Managers and Head of Support to grow and develop Wolt’s partnership portfolio.
What you'll be doing
- Leading and developing the Partnerships team, including possible recruiting.
- Owning the financial and operational performance of the Partnerships team.
- Understanding the business plans and priorities. Creating and implementing a partnership strategy for the market based on those plans and priorities.
- Managing all business development activities and key relations. Ensuring to engage key partners in the market.
- Structuring deals and conducting negotiations both internally and externally to materialize high impact deals.
- Acting as a thought leader in the industry to elevate the presence of Wolt.
- Having a deep understanding of the market and competition.
Our humble expectations
- Proven track record from managing a business development or relevant team and leading from the front.
- Demonstrated ability to close partnerships with large Japanese companies and to engage and influence C-level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analysing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both Japanese and English. Ability to explain complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Experience from within either the HORECA or tech industries.
- Passion for partnerships and networking, with strong local connections.
- Willingness to roll out your sleeves and do what is necessary.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Riku Hakanen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 90 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.