Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, relentless hunger for growth and will to build the best possible customer experience? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We have launched our services in Japan in the spring of 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for an Operations Manager to join our Operations team.
As an Operations Manager at Wolt, you are the person responsible for the courier partner operation in your region. This means you are ultimately responsible for every order being a successful one. This is equally a hands-on and strategic role as you will be onboarding, training and maintaining a healthy community of first dozens, then hundreds of motivated and happy courier partners. You also need to build and maintain a solid internal support operation, both for our courier partners as well as our customers. All of this requires both people leadership and analytical skills, getting your hands dirty and working well together with your General Manager as well as the rest of your country team. As delivery is a big part of the operations you will also have a substantial P&L responsibility.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you'll do:
- Build the operations team in your region
- Work closely with the General Manager on developing the local business strategy and launching business development initiatives
- Setup and manage the food-delivery service by ensuring a kind, professional and thought-through user experience, all the way from our restaurant partners by our courier partners to our hungry customers
- Continuously improve delivery efficiency and KPIs
- Create and improve business processes that drive the operation towards efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Make sound and critical business decisions based on the vast amount of data that our platform provides us with
- Onboard, retain and grow the number of courier partners
- Plan the supply of couriers for your city/cities and develop attractive schedules and earning models for courier partners
Our humble expectations
- An energetic and resilient spirit is the soul to our culture, where you are constantly on your toes and seeking ways to build your region
- You probably have a background in operations management, consulting, modern logistics or business development from a high growth company
- You have solid experience with strategy and business development and an analytical mindset
- You have experience with managing a team
- You have at least a Bachelor in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Fluency in Japanese & English
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Riku Hakanen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 100 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you