Are you an ambitious Communications manager with proven experience of creating brand awareness around your product? Are you obsessed with growth and delivering next-level PR campaigns? If this sounds like you, we'd love to speak with you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 90 cities across EMEA, servicing over 5M registered users.
We’re now looking for a motivated Marketing Manager to take ownership of the marketing strategy and roadmap in the region. Reporting into the General Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that we optimize our marketing budget and get the most ‘bang for our buck’.
This involves creating campaigns that span multiple channels and boosts both Wolt’s profile and market share in Japan. You’ll be expected to then build strong relationships with partner brands, influencers and the local media and thus need to know how and when to link impactful messages across digital, OOH and press, and then how to utilize your resources effectively.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan and execute proactive communications efforts on both owned and earned channels in Japan.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media contacts in Japan.
- Handle in-bound media requests in Japan..
- At times, participate in public discourse as spokesperson for Wolt Japan.
- Advise in social media strategy and at times handle posts and comments.
- Coordinate information flow across our organisation.
- Provide expert advice and strategic council in crisis situations in Japan.
- Develop great written materials (e.g. press releases, blog posts, Q&A’s, social media posts and more) for internal and external use.
- Continuously communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Own the relationship with the local external PR agency.
- Act as a point-of-contact for media and event enquiries in Japan.
- Produce supportive assets as needed, for example by sourcing photographers or videographers.
Our humble expectations
- Experience in strategic communications, public and media relations, crisis communications and project management
- 7+ years of experience in communications and PR at an agency or company
- Fluent in Japanese, good spoken English
- Stellar writing skills in Japanese
- Strategic and critical thinker & precise executor
- Background in technology or delivery platforms is a plus
- Great organizational skills
- High level of independent thinking and acting
- Ability to occasionally travel abroad
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Zakaria Hadadia, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 90 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.