Restaurant Development Team Lead
Are you an experienced and strategic account manager with a passion for leading teams? Can you instill your “service first” vision in others? If so, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favourite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 100 cities globally, servicing over 7 million registered users.
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Poland ever since we entered the market in 2018 and we’re now in seven cities with more to come. We're looking for a Restaurant Development Team Lead specifically to guide our Restaurant Development Managers, our superstars who deliver world-class support to our restaurant partners. You’ll be working with a variety of different partners and personalities so you can imagine the diverse questions and queries you’ll run into on a daily basis!
For Wolt, everything starts from restaurants. If there are no restaurants, there are no customers and if there are no customers, there are no couriers. Thus, restaurant operations are a crucial part of our success in every city and country. Our restaurant operations are split into three sections; acquisition, onboarding and support. As the Restaurant Development Team Lead, your role is to lead the whole onboarding part which currently consists of a number of Restaurant Specialists and Associates, who ensure that each restaurant is onboarded to the Wolt platform as efficiently as possible. On top of that, you will be managing and maintaining relationships with our top restaurants and chains, leading initiatives to boost their sales, coming up up with creative ways of enhancing our cooperation and ensuring that your teams take the best possible care of them.
We’re looking for someone that has a real passion not only for delivering exceptional service personally, but also leading teams who are best-in-class at what they do. Existing experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry would be beneficial, as would expertise in data-driven decision making; understanding our customers and working through tasks efficiently are both crucial in this position.
You must also be a team player and willing to chip in with tasks outside of the day-to-day - it’s important that we keep the ‘hands on’ ethos that has made our team what it is!
What you'll be doing
- Leading, recruiting and hiring our superstar onboarding team of Restaurant Development Managers, Specialists and Associates.
- 360° Project management - identifying key priorities, creating a project plan and driving us through the execution phase.
- Identify bottlenecks in our current process and optimise for speed while maintaining a high quality.
- Scale our restaurant operations to support even more cities while onboarding hundreds of new restaurants to Wolt every month.
- Manage capacity planning and work closely with our external partners to ensure we have enough resources to cover our restaurant support.
- Manage the supply and demand of our restaurant gear (such as iPads, printers, etc.).
- Ensure the content quality of every single menu that is published into our platform with clear process controls.
Our humble expectations
- You have a track record in relationship management with external stakeholders.
- You have some experience managing a team or project team.
- You have a proven track record in process development and optimisation.
- You have solid experience in project management - juggling multiple tasks and stakeholders.
- You have strong prioritisation skills.
- You are extremely proactive in identifying and tackling foreseen bottlenecks.
- Fluent in both Polish & English.
- Industry experience and/or background working with restaurants or in a KAM role is a plus.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Laura Kuukka, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com.
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 100 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.