Do you have a solid background in strategy and business development? Are you passionate about data-driven decisions? If this sounds like you, let's chat!
Since August 2020, Wolt officially launched our operations in Germany as country #23 starting out in Berlin. As we continue to grow and expand across Germany, we are on our way to Frankfurt and therefore, looking for our next Operations Manager!
As an Operations Manager at Wolt you are the person who is in charge the courier partner operation in your country. This means you are ultimately responsible for every order being a successful one. Either so that it arrives on time at the right location, or that if something goes wrong, it is handled amazingly well, kindly and professionally by our support.
Being one of the first people in the team, you will be both hands-on and strategic. For this to happen you need to onboard, train and maintain a healthy community of first dozens, then hundreds of motivated and happy courier partners. You also need to build and maintain a solid internal support operation, both for our courier partners as well as our customers. All of this requires both people leadership and analytical skills, getting your hands dirty and working well together with your General Manager, as well as the rest of your country team. As delivery is a big part of the operations you will also have a substantial P&L responsibility.
What you will do
- Build the operations team in your country. This means setting up and managing the food-delivery service by ensuring a kind, professional and thought-through user experience, all the way from our restaurant partners to our couriers to our hungry customers
- Continuously improve delivery efficiency and KPIs
- Create and improve business processes that drive the operation towards efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Make sound and critical business decisions based on the vast amount of data that our platform provides us with
- Onboard, retain and grow the number of happy courier partners on Wolt’s platform to ensure a healthy and sustainable delivery operation in the city
- Plan the supply of couriers for your city/cities and develop attractive schedules and earning models for courier partners
- Managing the payments of our courier partners
- Work closely with the General Manager on developing the local business strategy and launching business development initiatives
- Work with the marketing team to create and execute marketing campaigns
Our humble expectations
- You might have a background in operations management, consulting, modern logistics or business development
- This job requires strategic planning, but it also requires a lot of hands-on doing. You’ll get to both make the analysis and execute on it. This is why we wish you have the ability to combine an analytical mind with a hands-on, getting things done approach – while being great with people.
- You need leadership skills and the ability to show the direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members and your courier partners on their way
- You’re able to navigate complex business data and make critical decisions, then check on the results and refine your actions going forward
- You’ll be working closely with your General Manager and the rest of the country team. It’s crucial you enjoy being a part of this kind of startup-within-a-startup team while leading your own bits of the operation
- Fluent in German and English is a must
- You are willing to do what it takes and learn how to become a successful entrepreneur
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
The application deadline is Monday 7th December, however we will be reviewing applications as they come and hire the right person as soon as we find them. So don't wait to apply!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Paris Lay, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 90 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and most recently, Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.