Head of Customer Service
Are you a good mix of being able to think strategically and working hands-on? Are you a solid team leader with experience in managing a high-performing team? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat with you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners. We launched in Kazakhstan just over a year ago, in September 2019, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step.
Our team is growing and our local Customer Support team currently consists of nearly 30 hard-working individuals and a Customer Support Lead, who work daily on providing our customers’ and courier partners’ the best possible service and support. At Wolt, our support teams are the glue that holds together the marketplace. It’s not just about solving problems, it’s about providing memorable experiences!
Our Support team is growing, and soon we’ll be over 40! As such, we are currently looking for our new Head of Support to lead Kazakhstan’s whole Support organization. You will work closely with our operations and restaurant teams to ensure we are delivering the ‘best in the world’ service on all fronts from our customers to our partners. In addition, you will spar with our Global Head of Support on any product or feature improvements.
This is a brand new role for us and we’re looking for someone to take our support organisation to the next level. So, we are looking for someone with senior skills and junior enthusiasm.
If you have what it takes, we look forward to hearing from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Manage, mentor & motivate: You will manage several teams within the support organisation. This includes acting as a sparring partner for the Customer Support Team Leads and helping them raise the bar in their teams.
- Problem solving: You will be both proactive and reactive with incoming and foreseen problems that may occur in support. You will influence a solution-oriented mindset and ensure we are implementing best practices and ways of working.
- Driving performance: You will be a driving force to ensure we are delivering the best support to our customers and partners. Your analytical mindset will dig into our support metrics to make the best kind of decisions and set the right expectations.
- Strategize and execute: You will utilise our internal data tools to help you develop a sustainable strategy then execute on it. Your focus will be on constant improvements and maintaining a high level of satisfaction from our customers and partners.
- Scale smart: We will grow team-size, and in order to cope with demand, we need to do things smarter day by day.
- Grow your organisation and support teams: You design the organisational setup that preps us for success. Also, you have a strong eye for talent as you will be hiring the right people to grow your support team.
Our humble expectations
- You have solid people management experience and a proven track record of leading high-performing teams.
- Your background might be in customer strategy consulting or customer operations excellence, however your primary focus is on solving problems, no matter how big or small.
- You have experience in project management.
- You enjoy leading and growing a team and making sure your colleagues always understand the purpose of what they do and what defines a great performance.
- You have an analytical and curious mindset - you understand support metrics and you’re not afraid to question ‘why’ .
- You will have budget ownership and are therefore able to translate data into actions and explain how your team is progressing according to KPI’s and budget.
- You are able to think on your feet, and multi-tasking is your second nature.
- You enjoy learning and teaching others. Preferably, you are also tech savvy.
- You have a can-do attitude and you are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You can formulate yourselves very well, both verbally as well as in written form in Kazakh, English and Russian
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Krista Allinen, Talent Acquisition Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 100 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.