Retail Business Manager
Are you an experienced sales professional with great networks? Do you enjoy building partnerships and managing your own portfolio? If your answer is yes, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Slovenia ever since we entered the market in the autumn of 2019, following on from our success in Croatia and then Serbia. We're now looking for a Retail Business Manager to grow and develop Wolt’s retail partnership offering in Slovenia. This business segment is new to both Wolt and to the users in Slovenia and serves as a perfect complement to our restaurant food operations - such as groceries, pharmacies or convenience products. So, roll up your sleeves and get going!
The ideal candidate is ready to take on a two-folded job: introduce Wolt to e.g. retailers in our cities so that they can start experiencing the benefits of our service as well as develop our product offering in collaboration with the local team and our Finnish HQ. Preferably, you understand what our users want before they do it themselves.
What you'll be doing
- Establishing and growing the retail segment in the country.
- Structuring and conducting negotiations both internally and externally to create high impact deals.
- Responsible for the overall retail relationship post-onboarding with both large chains and small local shops to enable growth and increase each partner’s sales on our platform
- Continuously optimizing and developing the retail portfolio to make it more attractive to both potential partners and users.
- Having a deep understanding of the competition and various verticals in the market (supermarkets, convenience stores, florists, bakeries, etc.)
- Working closely together with the marketing team to plan and execute campaigns internally and together with retail partners in particular.
Our humble expectations
- Demonstrated ability to close partnerships with large companies and to engage and influence C-level executives, but also work with and influence small business owners.
- Experience as both a “hunter” closing deals and a “farmer” cultivating relationships and managing accounts
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analyzing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Passion for partnerships and networking, with strong local connections.
- Self-starter with willingness to roll out your sleeves and do what is necessary to succeed.
- You are fluent in Slovenian and English.
- Experience from within either the retail or tech industries is a plus.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can send your enquiries to
Jonny Hyde, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 90 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.