Restaurant Onboarding Team Lead
Are you an experienced and strategic account manager with a passion for leading teams? Can you instill your “service first” vision in others? If so, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favourite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 120 cities globally, servicing over 8 million registered users.
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Japan ever since we entered the market in March 2020 and we’re now in eight cities with more to come. We're looking for a Restaurant Onboarding Team Lead specifically to guide our Restaurant Specialists, our superstars who deliver world-class support to our restaurant partners. You’ll be working with a variety of different partners and personalities so you can imagine the diverse questions and queries you’ll run into on a daily basis!
For Wolt, everything starts from restaurants. If there are no restaurants, there are no customers and if there are no customers, there are no couriers. Thus, restaurant operations are a crucial part of our success in every city and country. Our restaurant operations are split into three sections; acquisition, onboarding and support. As the Restaurant Onboarding Team Lead, your role is to lead the whole onboarding part which currently consists of a number of Restaurant Specialists and Associates, who ensure that each restaurant is onboarded to the Wolt platform as efficiently as possible.
We’re looking for someone that has a real passion not only for delivering exceptional service personally, but also leading teams who are best-in-class at what they do. Existing experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry would be beneficial, as would expertise in data-driven decision making; understanding our customers and working through tasks efficiently are both crucial in this position.
You must also be a team player and willing to chip in with tasks outside of the day-to-day - it’s important that we keep the ‘hands on’ ethos that has made our team what it is!
What you'll be doing
- As Restaurant Onboarding Team Lead you are responsible for the the restaurant onboarding process of restaurants, quality assurance and the onboarding team.
- Scale our restaurant onboarding process to launches hundreds of new restaurants in Tokyo every month.
- Leading, recruiting and hiring our superstar onboarding team of Restaurant Specialists and Associates.
- Identify bottlenecks in our current process and optimise for speed while maintaining a high quality.
- Manage capacity planning and work closely with photographers and other 3rd parties.
- Work with procurement to ensure the supply of our restaurant gear (such as iPads, printers, etc.).
- Own the customer experience by obsessing of the quality of every single menu that is published into our platform with clear process controls.
Our humble expectations
- You have a track record in relationship management with external stakeholders.
- You have some experience managing a team or project team.
- You have a proven track record in process development and optimisation.
- You have solid experience in project management - juggling multiple tasks and stakeholders.
- You have strong prioritisation skills.
- You are extremely proactive in identifying and tackling foreseen bottlenecks.
- Fluent in both Japanese & English.
- Industry experience and/or background working with restaurants or in a KAM role is a plus.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Riku Hakanen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.